Front of awning rail come off!

• Thread starter Gazbibelots1860
  • Start date
Gazbibelots1860

Gazbibelots1860

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. Apologies firstly I feel like I’ve been asking on here a lot in the last week or so but start of the season, spotting new things!

I haven’t seen many other posts on this kind of topic, let me know if you know otherwise. We have a 2011 Cali. In noticed this winter that the front section of the rail, where it tapers above the drivers door, comes off, you don’t even have to pull it hard, underneath I can’t (thankfully) see lots of rust I have in another post, I just see a lot of rubber which looks like it’s kid of disintegrating.

Anyone else had a similar issue and know what I can do to try and fix it? could silicon glue it back on? It worried I’ll be trapping in a problem.

I’ve taken some photos, also took a video but can’t attach

You can see that we’re getting some rust around the roof seal above the windscreen too, which I feel like we should get fixed asap anyway (but imagine not a cheap job)

Thanks

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1264.jpeg

IMG_1265.jpeg

Unfortunately you’re not alone, my 2012 van (with plastic cap repair) is slightly more advanced than yours, but not as advanced as some.

Oh wow, I might comment on that thread, our van is 2011 so quite old now, is there any advice on what I can/should do? I can’t just leave it to get worse

Back