Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

From Light Goods Vehicle to Cali Beach Camper

kpttnuts-beach

kpttnuts-beach

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We took the pluge a year ago to try "camper van" style holidays with the purchase of a Citroen Berlingo. I made some pallet beds for the back of the Berlingo and it worked well for us. A year later we decided to up the comfort level and buy a California Beach Camper to do things with a bit more style (and space!).

So we've gone from this...
IMG_3191.jpgIMG_3250.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg

To this..California Beach Camper 150PS, Cherry Red.

IMG_7084.jpg
Notice the bungee (bought from the shop link on this site)...works very well (I'm not on commission!).

IMG_7160.JPG

We also bought a made to measure carpet for the driver cabin area...[vehiclematsuk.com]...again, not on commission! I was really impressed with the quality, it included the 4-clip points that lined up very well with the van carpet holding studs.IMG_7207.jpg

Still learning about some of the features but so smooth to drive. Style isn't everything, but you've roughed it a bit for a year it's great!

Of course it should have read "took the plunge"...!! How do I edit a posting if I spot a typo??

We took the pluge a year ago to try "camper van" style holidays with the purchase of a Citroen Berlingo. I made some pallet beds for the back of the Berlingo and it worked well for us. A year later we decided to up the comfort level and buy a California Beach Camper to do things with a bit more style (and space!).

View attachment 116195View attachment 116196
View attachment 116197

View attachment 116198
Notice the bungee (bought from the shop link on this site)...works very well (I'm not on commission!).

View attachment 116199

We also bought a made to measure carpet for the driver cabin area...[vehiclematsuk.com]...again, not on commission! I was really impressed with the quality, it included the 4-clip points that lined up very well with the van carpet holding studs.View attachment 116200

Still learning about some of the features but so smooth to drive. Style isn't everything, but you've roughed it a bit for a year it's great!
I have a Beach on order, hopefully delivery March 24. Really excited about it. The bed looks massive In your pic! So I’m taking all the info in, just wondering what the bungee does? I guess keeps it all in when closing the top?

I too did something similar with one of my vans hat was too good to sell or the money it was worth. I really enjoyed doing it but the other half wasn’t as enthusiastic as me about it so used it for a year or so then upgraded to something a little roomier, my California

6EF000CE-516C-4E63-B292-794147F83844.jpeg

A032277C-FD17-4C8C-A68A-7799E53376DA.jpeg

E9F8D9A3-95B9-44EF-8F1E-B6E650CDF8E7.jpeg

48F20FF7-FF4B-4953-B8BA-662B04863C3E.jpeg

I have a Beach on order, hopefully delivery March 24. Really excited about it. The bed looks massive In your pic! So I’m taking all the info in, just wondering what the bungee does? I guess keeps it all in when closing the top?
The bed shot was taken with wide angle lens...I am about 6 foot tall though and is ample leg room for me. Yes, the bungee helps to pull the canvas inwards when closing to roof top.

I too did something similar with one of my vans hat was too good to sell or the money it was worth. I really enjoyed doing it but the other half wasn’t as enthusiastic as me about it so used it for a year or so then upgraded to something a little roomier, my California

View attachment 116205

View attachment 116206

View attachment 116207

View attachment 116208
That was a tidy interior in the converted van! Lack of side windows was one of our issues and that one you had would have been similar. We did have side door we could look out - provided the weather was ok!! It makes you appreciate the VW even more?!

Of course it should have read "took the plunge"...!! How do I edit a posting if I spot a typo??
Editing posts/Deleting them etc is a function of VIP membership, along with many other things, such as Forum Discounts etc:.

Welcome.:thumb

View attachment 116195View attachment 116196
View attachment 116197

View attachment 116198

View attachment 116199

We also bought a made to measure carpet for the driver cabin area...[vehiclematsuk.com]...again, not on commission! I was really impressed with the quality, it included the 4-clip points that lined up very well with the van carpet holding studs.View attachment 116200

That's quite a leap from sleeping on pallets to sleeping in a Cali
Moving from a T6 conversion to a Cali Ocean was a huge step up for me but you take the plaudits. Nice vans

That's quite a leap from sleeping on pallets to sleeping in a Cali
Moving from a T6 conversion to a Cali Ocean was a huge step up for me but you take the plaudits. Nice vans
My daughter has gone from sleeping on a pallet in a nemo to sleeping on a pallet in the Berlingo! It was an extending single bed until she then had a boyfriend and I had to add a sideways extension!1699566919921.jpeg