Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge removal

JDVKTM

JDVKTM

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Please assist...
I have a 2007 California and the fridge has a gas leak which means I need to remove it to repair
Do I need to dismantle all the pannels and sink , or is there an alternative ?
If I have to dismantle, in what sequence ?
Much appreciated
Johan

I think the fridge comes out from above , but you probally need to disconnect some wireing underneeth thru the inspectionholes under the coocker.

In this thread on the German Caliboard you wil find a clear description of how to remove the fridge. It is in German (doh), but the pictures and Google Translate will make it clear, I guess. It helped me with the earth shunt repair (which needs the fridge to be removed as well).

Thanks WelshGas and hotel california T5, much appreciated
I take it that I have to lift the complete content of the fridge cabinet out !

Please assist...
I have a 2007 California and the fridge has a gas leak which means I need to remove it to repair
Do I need to dismantle all the pannels and sink , or is there an alternative ?
If I have to dismantle, in what sequence ?
Much appreciated
Johan

My fridge doesn't run on gas its electric 12v, isn't it?

Correct , but in the system is a sort of gas/coolant that runs thru ...

Correct, but it also has a Refrigerant Gas in the cooling circuit.

You also have a complete description on how to remove the fridge under download section, in the document "Earth Shunt Repair".
Removing the fridge is a piece of cake on a -2007...pre-2006 is a bit trickier, I know ;)

Hi bvddobb,
thanks, I unfortunately only see a lot of German words when I get to your link :headbang:headbang

It is a link to the German version of this site....:D
But the the pictures are not working.

You also have a complete description on how to remove the fridge under download section, in the document "Earth Shunt Repair".
Removing the fridge is a piece of cake on a -2007...pre-2006 is a bit trickier, I know ;)

Seems correct , did not know that ...THANKX

That sort of gas:thumb
I was thinking about the fridges you can get that run on 12v, 230v and bottled gas.:bananadance

I unfortunately only see a lot of German words when I get to your link :headbang:headbang

To see pictures on the German Caliboard.de you have to register/sign in, in the upper right bar. If I recall well, you have to resolve a language riddle to complete your registration.

Marc.

To see pictures on the German Caliboard.de you have to register/sign in, in the upper right bar. If I recall well, you have to resolve a language riddle to complete your registration.

Marc.

Did figured that out as i not proceeded....wil stay on this forum:D

See my instructions in the download section that i posted several years ago. Its under "Earth Shunt Repair" also if taking out fridge make sure shunt has been modified
If you can't download PM me with email and i will send a copy pdf format

John