soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I’ve not used the fresh water tank yet.
Tried to unlock the filler cap with key, but it won’t budge. The key won’t turn...?

Possible I have the wrong key. Think mine says 2211?

Or is there a knack to it...?

I had a similar issue firet time, until I realised I had used the safe key instead...
Even with the correct key it took me a few goes to get the knack. Works ok now.

Not sure if you are experiencing the same as me. The fact I found it very fiddly to start with is the best i can offer and I would spend a few minutes twisting and turning the thing. Yours does sound a little more sinister than that but I held the cap still with one hand as it wanted to spin all the time and that allowed the key to turn and 'touch wood' it's just got less fiddly.
Good luck and by the way, make sure that waste water hatch inside the forward most kitchen cupboard isn't loose.

Not sure if you are experiencing the same as me. The fact I found it very fiddly to start with is the best i can offer and I would spend a few minutes twisting and turning the thing. Yours does sound a little more sinister than that but I held the cap still with one hand as it wanted to spin all the time and that allowed the key to turn and 'touch wood' it's just got less fiddly.
Good luck and by the way, make sure that waste water hatch inside the forward most kitchen cupboard isn't loose.
That was exactly like my first reply until I thought I sounded like some ineffectual woman - so I’m relieved your experience was similar to mine...

I thought I had checked keys locks etc, when I first bought the van.
But then again, I can’t actually remember opening the thing...
Hmm, will have another try tomorrow.

On the plus side. Found a nice little site on Bodmin Moor. South Penquite Farm:thumb

You need to hold the cap steady and turn the key .
If you don't hold the cap and turn the key you keep turning until the sun goes down...or up....:D

And indeed the watercap key has a black plactic end with a nr on it from new ....it fals of in time ;)

Schoolboy Error...
I was using the wrong key :oops:

Yes the key with the black plastic. I thought that was a spare door key:headbang

:thanks
We'll forgive you seeing you were a Beach owner :)

Give it some key lock oil a couple of times per year (fresh water tank cap). They all get stuck, at least here in Scandinavia...

Back