Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Found this in the rear wardrobe?

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I found this piece of reinforced rubber trim in the rear wardrobe, anyone any idea from where it came?

1439288982837-900727783.jpg

In a brand new Cali , or used one?

The rear wardrobe , meaning the one in the booth? Found on witch shelf of two or on the bottom?

Or the large wardrobe beside de fridge?

5.1 (2014), the rear rear one :) I think it was the middle shelf but might have been the bottom one, I'd had a few IPA's at the time.

looks like it comes from high in the wardrobe , sort of clips holding electric wire's in place . Or preventing the wire's scratching agianst chassis and causing short cirtuit.
Tryed to frame it.....
Looks like it's best you try to put it back in place!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your'e a star for taking the time to do that, many thanks :bananadance

Your'e a star for taking the time to do that, many thanks :bananadance

No prob , my Cali is not my every day car , in fact i got no every day car as i cycle to work every day!
So i pass it in my garage and every chance i get to open it and do some sneaking in it for me is a tread.....
Finally next monday we are off again in it for two weeks France , afther sitting 2 months in my garage.

I've just been putting some extra wires in that area at the top of the wardrobe and my piece of trim was about an inch out of place allowing the wiring harness to rub on the sharp edge of the metal. A few more miles/months/years and it would be shorting out and blowing fuses and causing all sorts of mischief and possible fires.

Crap Vw quality control.

Is something like this but in a different part of the vehicle causing Alberts and Granny Jens problem, I would guess it is.

Guess that most who find stuff like that in any vehicle just trow it away and as you say some strange things can happen with wires making short circuit.

Glad we got a forum!

Back