Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding Table Height

mikecr

mikecr

Hi All

Had my Cali for 2 years now, with minimal fuss, but I've never really been sure about the folding table. :?

Specifically, the height of the table (when unfolded) relative to the chair heights.

Is it me, or is the table too high relative to the seat height - such that it feels like being back in infant school and reaching to a too high level when eating a meal outside?

Would I be committing an act of heresy to ask if anyone has cut the legs down a little to make the table to seat height a bit more sensible?

:thanks
Mike

Mike,

The newer tables are actually a little lower.

Infact i think the spare I bought off German eBay may be.

I suspect a swap may be possible.

Rgds
Mark

No it’s not just you, we also find the camping table too high to be any use to sit and eat at. Isn’t it amazing that a simple thing like the height of the table VW can get wrong? :crazy I shall not mention putting two dissimilar metals together...........

Thanks for reminding me – yes, I need to cut the bottoms off my legs (I mean the table legs, not my legs!). :laugh2

Agree - table is way too high! After a few trips last year we decided this year to take a folding camping table with adjustable heights and use the Cali one as a worktop. It works much better too as the Cali table is tiny if there are 4 of you (as we are).
Cheers
Nick

I think this may have changed, but in our 07 Cali, the folding table also attaches to the kitchen unit to give a four seater table inside (this may explain the height). Give this some thought before getting the hacksaw out. :D

Perhaps leave that one in the door and buy a spare camping table?

Ian

Tayls said:
I think this may have changed, but in our 07 Cali, the folding table also attaches to the kitchen unit to give a four seater table inside (this may explain the height). Give this some thought before getting the hacksaw out. :D

Perhaps leave that one in the door and buy a spare camping table?

Ian

Yes indeed Ian, the latest tables from VW now don't attach to the kitchen unit and are actually lower.

Still nothing stopping people from using the table inside... just fold down all 4 legs ;) So little lost really.

Looks like they must have got feedback along the way.

Rgds
M

Back