Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flexible roof light problems.

C

Cavilln

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

I have read lots of posts about this but not have my question answered, so hope you can help. It seems these lights are problematic!

2006 T5 Cali

overhead light stopped working.
bought new bulb (Halfords)
when installing it all the other internal lights stopped working
found fuse and replaced it (thanks forum!) and internal lights now OK
flexible light still not working with new bulb

Is there a fuse specifically for the flexible light?
maybe the actual light has broken - if so, what can I do?
Or is there a better idea for this light? I think some people replace the whole thing?

thanks

I had same problem with flexible light on t5, replaced with ebay purchase led - its so good & inexpensive!

Screenshot_20230902_131719_eBay.jpg

The flexible light shares the fuse with rest of camping lights, 10a fuse under passenger seat, you can access without lifting the whole seat. I found 2 x 10a fuses having read there would be one only. It was the easier to access from passenger door side. My van is an 06, t5 cali too.

The flexible light shares the fuse with rest of camping lights, 10a fuse under passenger seat, you can access without lifting the whole seat. I found 2 x 10a fuses having read there would be one only. It was the easier to access from passenger door side. My van is an 06, t5 cali too.
thanks for your reply but I already replaced the fuse and it's still not working!

These are good, just choose the one that suits (hardwired, 12v cig plug or USB:

OSRAM ONYX COPILOT L+7, LED ONYX Reading Light in vehicles, folding carton (1 unit) https://amzn.eu/d/b3UnhJ2

Back