Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

flat battery

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Had a flat battery on site this morning - two days without hook up and constant opening/closing of electric side door use of tv/stereo etc have taken their toll.
Site owner got me going with a set of jump leads and went out for a decent drive today so all seems fine now.
But.... whilst operating the drivers electric window I've noticed that I've lost the "one touch" facility ie when i let go of the button the window stops.
Its not a major problem i know but does anyone know if there's anything i can do to resolve this?

Cheers Stu that has done the trick.
I had seen that thread already but i must have missed the bit relating to the windows somehow.

Speaking of flat batteries - I had a flat battery after my van was parked up for only two weeks in my driveway. Nothing electrical was being used during that time - the van is pretty new so a bit disappointed that the battery could go flat so quick. Has anyone else had this experience - or should I get it checked out. Generally I'm driving the van every three or four days with no problem..

Hi that does not sound right I would get it checked if it's flat with nothing on after that short time I would say you have a problem. I take it you mean the van battery and not the leisure ones

Yes I do mean the Van battery! Just parked it for two weeks and when tried to start it - nothing! Well get it checked if it is no the norm. Thanks!

I have just been on a fortnights holiday whith the van not being used for almost three weeks
Started this morning no probs :thumb

Actually just been out to my van and realised the sat nav was still plugged in! As far as I know the VW cigarette lighter is 'always on'. Two weeks charging a sat nav might've done it??

Back