Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitted Sheets for pop-up top mattress.

RichardH

RichardH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. We've just had a fitted mattress protector and a fitted sheet custom made for our Cali (new in Jan 2014) by Freedom is Ltd. Coventry. The total cost was about £80. Each is a single item that covers both the rectangular main section and the shaped end part, with elasticated edges that hold them firmly in place. We are really pleased with them, having been surprised not to find something like this already available via the forum. I'd describe it as a "good fit" not a "perfect fit", although I expect they might do an even better job if they had a real Cali to use as a template rather than just the measurements we sent them (they have kept those measurements for possible future Cali orders). We are using the original mattress without a topper and have found it OK so far, once we got used to it. We have slept on it about 70 nights so far this year. I expect that the company might be interested in joining our accessory suppliers list and might offer a membership discount, if contacted by a forum administrator. We dealt with Adrian at adrian.stoker@freedomis.co.uk. Happy camping to you all! Richard.

Thanks Richard, you are right, this is something we should look into, thanks for the contact.

I use thin IKEA mattress topper, a 'Fleecy' (like sheepskin) fitted under blanket, from Dunelm, and a jersey fitted sheet. They extend to cover the extra bit too. Very comfortable and they stay in place when the roof comes down.

Back