Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Time out in the Cali

M

Markm

VIP Member
Here we are in sunny Poole, our first trip on our new Cali
d4b780b9-c5d2-1723.jpg

So far so good

Da ja vu fella ..that could be me grey 12 plate Cali blue khyam and grey roof cover .."snap"..:) lol

Lovely van, could you tell me where you got your windscreen cover from? Is it from Silver Screens? we have just bought our Cali last week and are trying to get kitted out.

thanks your help is appreciated.

paul

Very nice van and accessories!

That screen does look useful. Does the window area fold down?

Lovely van, could you tell me where you got your windscreen cover from? Is it from Silver Screens?

Looks like it, or possibly a Taylormade they are similar.

Think it was silver screens. The vanorak has been a good purchase as well. The 2 rugrats have been sleeping up top and have not complained once about it being cold. Another god buy was the awning. When it chucked it down Saturday, we sat inside it playing monopoly on the ipad, couldn't see us dong this with just the awning.

Heater works well and so does the fridge, already froze the milk

Gotta love natural grey!

Is that the motordome sleeper? If so how long did it take you to put up and take down?

Hi

Your Cali is looking good, I'm picking my shinny new natural grey one up on Saturday 1st. Sooo excited. I've been considering a roof cover, Im guessing you would recommend one ?? Can you let me know where you got it and £ please.

Enjoy your Cali :thumb

Steve

Yes it is a motor done sleeper, it can be erected in 5 mins, really easy and very handy especially when's it raining and you have 2 kids and a dog

The roof cover is a vanorak with ears and is £325 from vwcalifornia.com

i have a vanorak and silver screen but did not need them down by the Med, and they were too bulky.
the best purchase has been a canvas screen. it blocks light completely, slips over the doors like the silver screen and just folds up into the seat drawer. no faffing about with the pop up ones! we used it on day trips as well as on site to keep the Cali cool. it comes in a coice of colours and you can chose a design to be printed on or not. i tried to upload photo's but the files are too big!

Markm said:
Here we are in sunny Poole, our first trip on our new Cali
d4b780b9-c5d2-1723.jpg

So far so good

Lovely looking cali mate.
Looking at your awning how is the drive away section attached to the van - i know the top part feeds into the van awning but what about the sides?
I only used the drive away part on ours once and couldn't get it right, had a gap down both sides and it flapped about something chronic in the wind.