Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First night in the van

benArrayx

benArrayx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
So I finally picked up my van yesterday, Ocean 150 DSG 4motion, ACC, DCC, 4 season tyres (Goodyear Vectors 17" alloys), Dynaudio sound, shower attachment, mechanical locking diff, can't remember what else

150 CV - lots of power and torque, acceleration pretty good, I'm driving around slower than in my A4, I imagine the 204 gets closer to the Audi performance but driving like that would wreck the fuel economy and it's nice to drive around in a chilled fashion I'll probably occasionally miss a bit more power, but not for any serious reason, just faster acceleration and faster overall speed, but if I was ordering again today I'd definitely make the same choice. I'd just burn too much with the 204

ACC - absolutely amazing.
DSG - love it, really well tuned for slow manoeuvres, no delay
Dynaudio - really impressive, better than I expected
AppConnect - really easy to setup, but a few glitches with maps and music. Calls perfect, it even reads out your received WhatsApp messages and allows you to respond by voice!!! Glitches are more probably my phone's fault as it's already pretty glitchy.

First outing to a paragliding site in Cataluña, had an awesome flight of 2.5 hours and about 60km, landed back at the van (and the dog!!). Now wild camping on the mountain, looking forward to some more flying tomorrow

The van is amazing, absolutely love it! ACC on the motorway is heaven!

ddf9e6bafb51119aa1ec571f881ea03b.jpg

Will get some more photos up as and when I get chance...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh, and 2 100W solar panels with a 200W MPPT regulator on their way from solar camper solutions, really looking forward to getting those fitted!

Great news , the view of that spot looks great!
Ofcoarse a view with a Cali in it is always great;)

Is that the cherry red colour in your avatar, or is it some other red?

Is that the cherry red colour in your avatar, or is it some other red?
My avatar is cherry red, but it's the image from the configurator, will have to update it!!

Looks stunning Ben, we ordered one the same colour last Saturday, have quite a wait for it though but will arrive in its own time and will be worth the wait, no use fretting over it, have fun with your new Cali

Oh, and 2 100W solar panels with a 200W MPPT regulator on their way from solar camper solutions, really looking forward to getting those fitted!

Which ones did you got for stick on ones or the frill free?

Which ones did you got for stick on ones or the frill free?
The ones mounted into the roof rails. Didn't want to neither stick stuff on nor drill holes...

The ones mounted into the roof rails. Didn't want to neither stick stuff on nor drill holes...

It didn't seem clear on the website how you got the cable down to the battery, could you let us know how you get on with it? Thanks

Amazing photos. Great colour. Think the bike rack is fine,see new thread on T6 bike rack.
Can't wait to visit Cataluna in our new Cali with our bikes & dogs.
Stayed in amazing B&B in Girona during the flower festival.
How were the blinds & new roof canvas ? Dark enough ?

Amazing photos. Great colour. Think the bike rack is fine,see new thread on T6 bike rack.
Can't wait to visit Cataluna in our new Cali with our bikes & dogs.
Stayed in amazing B&B in Girona during the flower festival.
How were the blinds & new roof canvas ? Dark enough ?

I've got no problem with the bike rack either. New blinds are great, the windscreen blinds and the front window blinds I think are improved over the T5 (well over the one T5 I've been in they definitely are) and are much better. New roof canvas seems fine to me, I don't like to be blacked out for sleeping anyway. If you want it darker put a cali topper on...

So I finally picked up my van yesterday, Ocean 150 DSG 4motion, ACC, DCC, 4 season tyres (Goodyear Vectors 17" alloys), Dynaudio sound, shower attachment, mechanical locking diff, can't remember what else

150 CV - lots of power and torque, acceleration pretty good, I'm driving around slower than in my A4, I imagine the 204 gets closer to the Audi performance but driving like that would wreck the fuel economy and it's nice to drive around in a chilled fashion I'll probably occasionally miss a bit more power, but not for any serious reason, just faster acceleration and faster overall speed, but if I was ordering again today I'd definitely make the same choice. I'd just burn too much with the 204

ACC - absolutely amazing.
DSG - love it, really well tuned for slow manoeuvres, no delay
Dynaudio - really impressive, better than I expected
AppConnect - really easy to setup, but a few glitches with maps and music. Calls perfect, it even reads out your received WhatsApp messages and allows you to respond by voice!!! Glitches are more probably my phone's fault as it's already pretty glitchy.

First outing to a paragliding site in Cataluña, had an awesome flight of 2.5 hours and about 60km, landed back at the van (and the dog!!). Now wild camping on the mountain, looking forward to some more flying tomorrow

The van is amazing, absolutely love it! ACC on the motorway is heaven!

ddf9e6bafb51119aa1ec571f881ea03b.jpg

Will get some more photos up as and when I get chance...

Looking good benArrayx! Also you are putting your Cali to good use straight away too, start as you mean to go on. :thumb

Agree we don't need black out when we sleep. Enjoy the early morning light especially if sunshine.
Might consider a Cali cozy next winter . We intend to mainly sleep in the roof. We found the roof bed comfortable in the T5 Cali we hired off Martin.

Loving the Cherry red. Thanks for posting the photos your van looks great.

You have now removed any doubts I had on the cherry red beach I have on order.

Looks amazing Ben, think we've chosen the right colour also, is it enhanced in any way with Autoglym or similar or is that it 'straight out of the box'? Hope you have much fun using it :)

Looks amazing Ben, think we've chosen the right colour also, is it enhanced in any way with Autoglym or similar or is that it 'straight out of the box'? Hope you have much fun using it :)
Straight out of the box :)

It didn't seem clear on the website how you got the cable down to the battery, could you let us know how you get on with it? Thanks
You route it through the existing cable tube that goes through the boot.

Sorry Ben, I'm a bit late seeing this.

Cali does look stunning & nice to see it being put to use.
Good to see some 'beer action' going on in there too :thumb

Thanks for posting the excellent pics & all the best. Enjoy!

Cheers
Tom

Back