Love it or hate it?

• Love it

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Hate it

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 35 55.6%

• Total voters
So close in looks to a t5. Cant hate it !!!!!! Disapointed ++++ would have like a radical retrol VW bus look ( ♡ Fiat 500 look and has made Fiat a lot of fans) and a modern petrol engined bus

Can't say I love it, I don't hate it and I'm not disappointed; it's about what I expected from VW; only the cognoscenti will be able to discern the differences between it's predecessor.

It will be interesting to see how the prices and running costs compare with the current models. The changes from Golf 6 to 7 showed marked improvements in fuel economy for little change in list prices; but there was a significant weight reduction in the new Golf which I don't think will happen on the T6 as it's basically the same van.

I'm quite happy with it - when I saw those earlier concepts I was worried and thinking my next van wouldn't be a vw.
As it is I'll be hoping to get a t6 transporter in the autumn provided my work picks up by then!
If so I'll have a good look at the petrol versions this time as a way of trying to avoid dpf/egr problems

I love it. It can only improve what I think is the best camper base vehicle around without being radically different. Therefore it will protect my residuals whilst offering a proven vehicle to trade in for when that time comes.

im disapointed really, i was hoping for a more stylish step forward.
dont get me wrong, im really happy with my T5.1 and i think it looks great but i cant help thinking that VW have dropped the ball on this.
its not good to be out disgned by Ford, the front of the new 'T6' is no nicer thatn the vauxhall vivaro.

saying that, part of me is also glad, at least i wont be looking at getting rid of mine to jump into one.

Can we have another option on the poll - "nothing to get excited about" having looked at the photos it looks like a different grill and a different shape dent in the bootlid. The dash board is LHD lets see what the RHD version looks like. The main thing is that it looks similar enough to the T5.1 that they don't immediately look out of date.

Sorry but having actually SEEN them and had the full insider tour and explanation about what's new and different I find it sad so many of you are negative or "disappointed"
VW were never going to do a retro bulli - it just would not sell in huge numbers don't forget its is first and foremost a commercial workhorse
Having seen it and found out what's inside, it really is not simply a facelift T5, well not to me anyway.
And I quite like the two tone Generation 6 special edition shame we wont get in in UK...
anyway T7 will be here in 4 years ... but again it wont be drastic like Split to Bay or T3 to T4!!!

disappointed = not tempted to rush out and replace my current van on looks

Sorry but having actually SEEN them and had the full insider tour and explanation about what's new and different I find it sad so many of you are negative or "disappointed"
VW were never going to do a retro bulli - it just would not sell in huge numbers don't forget its is first and foremost a commercial workhorse
Having seen it and found out what's inside, it really is not simply a facelift T5, well not to me anyway.
And I quite like the two tone Generation 6 special edition shame we wont get in in UK...
anyway T7 will be here in 4 years ... but again it wont be drastic like Split to Bay or T3 to T4!!!

Hi David,

I agree I find the negativity quite depressing...

Are you able to document what new things will be available on the T6 or do you know of an online resource that does?

What was the reason given that the two tone wouldn't be available in the UK?

thanks,

Mark

The best just got better for the same price! Everyone is a winner :)

I think the reason for the disappointment is due to them calling this a T6, if it had been described as a facelift I think we would all of been more satisfied.

Seeing all the videos of it now I can see most of the interior trim is from the T5, even the flooring is the same! The dash is OK but it's not really much different to the Euro dash at the moment.

One thing that is good news is that because it is so much like the T5 I can't see there being a slip in residuals.

Happily I'm in the indifferent camp. If it had been very different I'd have been miffed that mine would be worth less/I could have waited and had a better van but as it stands I couldn't love it or hate it, so haven't voted.

Glad it's close to the last model, it's what you expect from vw, just look at the golf. It still looks newer but in a couple of years it will still look good. If you want something completely new get a ford van but 2 years later it will just look wrong dating quickly . You need to appreciate that t4s still look great but a transit of similar age just looks old!

To be fair, its exactly what I expected from VW. Very clever. Modern enough to not upset T5 owners, but with enough new toys and dashboard to keep us happy. Its the old rule, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Im looking forward to running a 2.0TFSI kombi for myself, which no doubt will be tweaked to 300BHP........

We will of course have a full fleet of eight T6 Cali's available to hire next year

Back