Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tom Robinson

Welcome on board , you have found a boiling pot of Cali-lovers...

Thank you guys. I am white, and gleaming (except for dirt from the rain, boo). Does any body have any idea what MPG I should expect?

Cheers

Tom

+1 for pics please Tom, hope you are feeling the love

Welcome! The start of a journey........the destination is up to you.:)

I am white, and gleaming
With a name like that I’d expect nothing else. ;)

Does any body have any idea what MPG I should expect?
Our best from a complete brim to brim measurement (73.39 Litres) was 41.69 mpg; our worst was 26.38 mpg from 71.84 Litres. Our long term average is 34.89 mpg from 2485 Litres.

Do not trust the MFD mpg figures. Typically this reads +5 mpg over brim to brim estimates. Also brim to brim estimates do not account for odometer inaccuracy, or ‘theft-at-pump’ with inaccurate pump readings. Neither will it account for use of the diesel heaters.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

With a name like that I’d expect nothing else. ;)

Our best from a complete brim to brim measurement (73.39 Litres) was 41.69 mpg; our worst was 26.38 mpg from 71.84 Litres. Our long term average is 34.89 mpg from 2485 Litres.

Do not trust the MFD mpg figures. Typically this reads +5 mpg over brim to brim estimates. Also brim to brim estimates do not account for odometer inaccuracy, or ‘theft-at-pump’ with inaccurate pump readings. Neither will it account for use of the diesel heaters.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
should be a grey cortina shurely;)

There are a lot of advantages living in the East Midlands for days and weekends away in your Cali, especially at campsites in the Peak District. We found it useful to go local to Caravan and Motorhome Club sites the first few times until we got used to all the functions and ways of doing things in the van.
A favourite day out for us in our Ocean is Rutland Water. There is a Facebook Group called ReservoirDubs who organise occasional camping weekends at Rutland Water to raise money for charity, but not sure if one is happening this year.

There’s lot’s of discussion & advice in the other forum threads. Click on the “forums” link and scroll down to find the different topics, There’s one on Security plus others it might be in. Because often people go a bit off topic when “chatting” in a thread sometimes there may be a good discussion where you wouldn’t expect it. So there is a search box on the right. Type in what you want and get a search list to choose from. Take a look at the date that it was posted as some may be old and no longer relevant, although some will be old and still relevant.

Hi Tom, we had a Vodafone tracker ... Strongly recommend :thumb

Hi guys. I am contemplating having a tracker fitted. Any advice or views?

Hi Tom
I have done a lot of research on trackers.
IMHO the ghost immobiliser is the best solution. Most California’s will be stolen off your drive with your own keys and the ghost system stops this.
They also offer a level 3 tracker as well and will fit it both on your drive - for more info google Ghost immobilisers (came across them from forum thread) - they also have a face book site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back