Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First barbi of the year

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just tried out my Cobb Dome Extenion that I got for Christmas,comes with a wire chicken support.
Gave it some apple wood smoke at the start of cooking, has smelt gorgeous all afternoon, just got wait now for Mrs Snowy to get home
Mmmmmmm

Wow , never seen one of those , looks like the inside ( cylinder) of a washing machine....:D

It's one of these.
http://www.cobb-bbq.co.uk/
Had it a couple of years now, I love cooking on it because it cooks very gently unlike a charcoal BBQ which in my hands tend to burn the food.
It also fits under the shelf of the Cali:thumb

Nice! I bought a Cobb last year too, very impressed with it.

I don't have the chicken device though - maybe it is time to invest!

Sure that's a chicken? :D

Looks fantastic...

Excellent, great start to the season.

Good work, I've been meaning to cook our Sunday roast at home on the cobb as a trial run for doing it when we're away in the Cali !

Do you definitely need the ring and extra rack for roasting or do you think you can just place the chicken onto the standard roasting rack and cook it?

I've just got one of these ("Kitchen in a bag" from the C&C Show)

Out of interest, how long did you have the chicken in for, and did you use one of the Cobb Cobblestones or Briquettes?

Looks really good

Mark

Good work, I've been meaning to cook our Sunday roast at home on the cobb as a trial run for doing it when we're away in the Cali !

Do you definitely need the ring and extra rack for roasting or do you think you can just place the chicken onto the standard roasting rack and cook it?

You can roast on standard roasting rack probably take about two hours I use the heat beads you will need 9 or10 . Enjoy

I used 2 Cobblestones, after 2 hours, at the end of the 1st Cobblestone the temp on a digital meat thermometer read 75c and the juices ran clear so technically it was cooked but I wanted it to fall off the bone so I put in another cobblestone more water in the moat and left it another 2 1/2 hours, it fall apart and was very moist.
It's a very gentle cooking method, with a thermometer put in one of the ventilation holes on top of the dome it only reads 125-130c so things need along time to cook but they retain their moisture.
I don't see why you can't just put the chicken on the normal rack.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Snowy - I'll give it a try.

Mark