Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First and now second Anniverary Report.

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We will have had our Cali for a year now, so this a year end report.

What's gone wrong.

The roof dropped by a couple of inches on the right hand side the first time we used it, this was fixed by the dealer a couple of weeks later

The lifting section of the roof had the dreaded lurgy under the seal, this was repainted earlier this year.

Very occasionally that daft electric whir that does the last part of closing the side door doesn't work.

Errr that's it.

The Cali is used for trips and going too and from work.
60 nights camping.
11000 miles
MPG best 40.8 average 35

Furthest north traveled Jura in the Inner Hebrides, south Valencia in Spain, east Cleethorpes Lincolnshire and west Plymouth in Cornwall.

Reading some of the posts on here we seem to have been lucky so far, fingers crossed, we have had some fantastic holidays and both love driving it even just to work!

Lets see what the next year brings, first trip will be Cali's on the Farm.

Similar with mine Snowy.

18 months, 18,000 miles, ongoing problem with 240v charging leisure batteries on hook up, flexilight flexed to bits, no other issues other than a silly rock that someone left lying in a road North of Ullapool and which shredded two tyres.

Plus side is that despite an almighty crash and the instant destruction of two tyres there was no other damage done and even with instant deflation on one side I was still able to manoeuvre. The thing is built like a tank.

I thought it was worth bringing some good news for a change instead of the usual doom and gloom posted on forums:thumb
If this isn't tempting fate then I don't know what is:bananadance

We were in France on the second anniversary of Cali ownership.

Whats gone wrong this year.
Th blind over the sliding door started getting reluctant to rewind.New blind fitted under warranty.
The sink tap operation became intermittent. New tap fitted under warranty.
The dreaded roof pox has returned to the lifting section of the roof within six months of it being repaired, doh, and the front section also has bubbles in the paint, double doh. Going in for repair during July.

Cali still being used for work and play.
61 nights camping.
12000 miles.
MPG best 41.3 average 35.3.

This year we have camped in England, France, Morocco, Portugal, Spain (2 trips) and Wales.
Enjoyed every mile.
I wonder where the third year will take us?

Back