Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally jumped in....deposit down on 180 DSG

• Thread starter AndyFromTheBrac
  • Start date
A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
HUGE :thanks to all who have helped with my questions (and suffered my bleatings, esp CaliKev!) from over in the Cayman Islands, whilst I 'ummed' and 'ahhhed' over the various possibilities. I was on the verge of ordering new, when I spotted this;

image.php

image.php

A 180 DSG in natural grey, with factory satnav, (the all important) 5th seat and lots of other goodies. Juan (the van) will go into storage for a couple of months. I cant wait to return home to England in the spring even more so now!

A slight difference from our previous bus. She was beautiful tho, if a little high-maintenance, slow and prone to the odd breakdown... Talk about trading up to a younger model, this is like going from Elizabeth Taylor to Kiera Knightley!

image.php

:thanks again guys, this is such a helpful resource. Hope to be contributing more in the coming months!

Hi andy. Glad you took the jump.The Cali looks great the splittie looks awsome if not a little impractical too :p bet you can't wait :thumb

Kev, I am quite literally like a kiddie at Christmas... It's no way for a 46-year old man to behave, but I can't help it! Thanks again for your help mate!

This is the fruits of about a years' search (we were originally due home in the autumn, but got delayed). I've been in contact/visited just about every VW camper conversion co out there, but when it came down to what we wanted (durability, comfort, versatility, day-to-day usability) then there really is no comparison to the California!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice one Mate, glad you got there in the end.

Now to start buying toys for it :lol:

Enjoy!

Nice looking van. The wheels and side bars look lovely with Natural grey

I think it used to be one of yours. The HPI check threw up a plate change which is the one currently on your white 180. Small (Cali) world!

It's maybe a bit odd to complete the deal before we get home, but once I saw the spec; good colour, RNS510, -30mm VW springs, Sportlines, 5th seat etc at a decent price, I knew I had to have it :)

I've been swayed to DSG by the +ve comments on here, so really looking forward to trying everything out.

Toys... Where do I begin? Couple of hardtails for that rack? Lol

Haha, thats my old van OL11SAR. He didnt keep that long then. He has added the wheels, suspesnion and RNS510. It it a very tidy California, or was when we sold it to them.

Why did he sell it so quickly?

Good luck wiit it :thumb

Cheers Oli. His wife's been made redundant so taking some time out. Seemed genuine enough about it all. Spotless inside & out even RAC inspector said it was like new. He's spent a few quid then, I'd assumed the sat nav was from new.

Andy

Back