Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally catching out Cali Kev? Paint marks.

• Thread starter darntondavisbrighton
  • Start date
D

darntondavisbrighton

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
He has always answered every query but this time… our side window on our 2012 California was leaking.. we used an air pressure cleaner (for keyboards) to try and clear the drain (on base of the sliding window).. and some gunk came out.. and now something has stained the paint. Any idea what? And how to get rid of it.

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

Did you try to clean/wash it and then polish it up again?
If the paint is really gone it will not help offcourse.

I managed to remove similar stains on a mates van using a power polisher and some medium compound. Didn’t take very long at all and it completely disappeared.

That looks like rust !

fall out remover will remove bonded ferrous metal from paint work .

I would also spray some silicone spray into the drain holes, that looks like water has been retained for some time in the window channel.

polish and wax the paint work after treating with any chemical

Could try bar keepers friend. Would go for the spray or the cream in the first instance but try on a hidden bit of paintwork first.

Could try bar keepers friend. Would go for the spray or the cream in the first instance but try on a hidden bit of paintwork first.
BAR Keeper is basically Bleach & scouring powders

noway should that go near any paint work

How about using a clay bar or AutoGlym Magma?

How about using a clay bar or AutoGlym Magma?
Claybar is really for embedded impurities in the clear coat. This short of damage needs a little more aggressive approach involving cutting agents.

Claybar is really for embedded impurities in the clear coat. This short of damage needs a little more aggressive approach involving cutting agents.
I would suggest that the “damage “ is in fact impurities dried / bonded to the clear coat .
if it’s ferrous, it will be largely removed with fall out (iron) remove.
if the op does not remove the impurities from the surface, the impurities will become an abrasive and potentially damage the c,ear coat of not removed

Back