Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma T5 Pro Bike Rack

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks, I went for a look around the NEC yesterday and the camping and caravan club show.
(Surprisingly there wasn't one California there which shocked me a little to be honest - they'd of had the market in comparison to their competitors conversions.)

Anyway, the main reason I went was to have a look at the new Fiamma pro T5 Bike rack they're bringing out in April. It's very, very similar to the original VW one but a lot less expensive. I will be getting these in once they become available so watch this space :thumb

View media item 811View media item 810

Sounds interesting - looks like it only takes two bikes though?

There was extra slots for more runners I think it may max out at three bikes though?
We'll have to see nearer the launch :thumb

Hi

Do you know if it fits the T6 California or if they are planning a T6 version ?

Many thanks for posting.

Looks interesting. As discussed, I hope they release a T6 version soon.

Cheers, John

Hi Folks,

I have ten of these being delivered next week! I'm just trying to negotiate a good price and then I'll add them to the website. I think they may fit the T6 too as per the mystery bike rack thread!

I sent an email to Maxxcamp as the rack was on one of their vans - see note below from Martin - $700 euros seems a bit steep tho

yes, of course, we know this rack. It is the “old” one from the T5 and adapted to the T6. But we recommend this one:

It looks not so nice, but you have more possibilities (unmounting rails, …): Price is € 700,- for each and both are original Volkswagen parts.

Kind regards

Maxxcamp

Hi Folks,

I've now added these to the website, price wise they'll be ÂŁ280 to non VIP members and ÂŁ252 to VIP members. Although it only carries 2 bikes as standard (can carry 4 with extra attachments) its still a very attractive price. I should be getting the extra attachments in shortly.

Here's the link
You can't purchase them just yet but once they land with me I'll load them on to the website and drop on update on here :thumb

Cheers
Nick

Hi Folks, these are now live on the website - I have 10 so be quick if you want one. I'm going to fit one to my van this evening so I'll post some more pictures up and let you know how I get on with fitting :thumb

Hi Folks,

Here's some pictures of the bike rack fitted - sorry didn't get chance to wash the van or remove my sleeping bag!:rolleyes:

The assembly was pretty straight forward and it fits to the van in the exact same way as the original VW Rack.

I wanted to fit one to get the genuine experience You have to built the rack

You will need two people to lift the rack on but apart from that its fairly straight forward. I found when attaching the bottom attachments around the tailgate, it was easier to unbolt these from the main structure of the rack and pop them around the bottom lip of the tailgate and bolt them back to the main structure. (10th picture down, nearest side to the camera) Which is in conflict with the instructions. But it was much easier - with this in mind I'd only place the bolt on finger tight in the first instance and tighten them up with a socket once fitted. Tools needed 10 & 8mm spanner and socked. 3.5mm drill bit and a screw driver.

Protective tape to be placed on the top of the tailgate and around the lip on the bottom fittings exactly the same as the VW rack.

Negatives....
It didn't come with the 6mm washers - but I'll pop some in the box.
All the punched holes weren't cleared, I just cleared them with a screw driver.

Positives....
looks very similar to the VW rack.
Some of the fittings / rubbers seem 'beefed' up in comparison to the VW rack.
You have a choice on the amount of bikes you can carry, or rather the amount of rails on the rack (1,2,3,4) as they just unbolt. I noticed out of the box (being a two bike configuration) the view was much improved in comparison the the VW rack. In essence there's two less rails blocking your view. The top support arms are easily removable to further improve the view.
Price and availability of spare parts in comparison to the VW rack.

Would I swap my VW rack for one? - Probably not now.
If I didn't have a VW rack which would I buy? Fiamma - but that's just my view :thumb

View media item 910View media item 908View media item 911View media item 912View media item 913View media item 901View media item 902View media item 903View media item 904View media item 907View media item 906View media item 905

Looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you know if this will fit a T6 tailgate? It looks really nice and a whole lot nicer than the VW T6 rack!

Do you know if this will fit a T6 tailgate? It looks really nice and a whole lot nicer than the VW T6 rack!
I think so, do you have a T6? Would you like to give it a try?

I think so, do you have a T6? Would you like to give it a try?

Not yet but hopefully in the next few weeks. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know when it arrives.

Well If I can get a T6 volunteer we may find out shortly:thumb

Any T6 owners fancy giving the Rack a try?

Cheers
Nick

Any T6 owners fancy giving the Rack a try?

Cheers
Nick
i do Nick - i need a 4 x bike set up for the summer - will it support 4 x bikes .... happy to give it a trial. thanks ..... i am in Cheltenham ...... but going north next week - where are you ?