Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eyup to all

P

PaulS

Hello to you all
We are Eastbourne based...2011 metallic black California, got on the day before the summer holidays 2011......and we were off!!!! Peaks, Lakes, Snowdonia, mid Wales, Cornwall, Sussex...we love it!! Been away every holiday and any opportunity in between!!
Two kids ,8 & 10, 3 dogs (small Patterdales and a Jack Russell) - and no problems at all so far!
Paul

Hi, Paul

We're just over the hill from you in Brighton, and hopefully just a few weeks away from our Cali!

Could you recommend any good part-way stop-over places when heading out of Sussex - or good nearby weekend spots?

Best wishes,
Steve

Hi Paul.
I echo the above question, and would love it if you had any tips about good locations for visiting / overnighting in your neck of the woods.
I was last down your way a couple of years ago with work - albeit along the road in Brighton. I am keen to pop back for a visit this year.
Luke

Sussex stop overs we've used!!

Hello again
Campsites I've tried and tested in Sussex....Merrylands = back to basics and brill.Cheap. No frills but we had great time with kids and friends there. Fires allowed, park where you want, wood heated showers, comp loos, stream and dogs allowed. WOWO = great but seems to have got greedy, put prices up..but top time had there a few times, loos in cabin, fridges, fires allowed.
Wild camped at western end of prom in Hastings nr bowling greens where buses stop overnight, no amenities, no hassle. Wild discreetly on Seaford seafront at far end nr cliffs, toilets, small kiosk caff open next morning. Wild on Eastbourne seafront, west end of prom. Wild up Beachy Head overlooking Eastbourne, quick stopover, no hassle. Wild at Camber sands cark park on road/carpark before main tourist area, off season, no hassle but kept discreet. Wild at Pevensey Bay carpark, not stayed there but someone I know has and apparently hassle free, toilets close overnight, cple pubs very nearby. Hastings, coastguard station road/Fairlight, carpark on right before tourist info carpark, quiet-not used but know friend who has hassle free! Bulls Head, Hestmonceux is supposed to be ok. Hear Ship and Anchor Marina in Arundel is ok too!!!
Hope that helps a bit
Paul

Forgot to say, on way somewhere around here we stayed was the D Day Museum carpark in Portmouth, well lit, coaches use it for overnight, toilets closed through night. Hassle free and felt safe.
Dungeoness -car park outside Pilot Inn - hassle free, asked pub landlord, she was fine as we had food/beers. Wild camp apparently nr RSPB reserve nearby!
Paul

Hayling Island now allows official wild camping virtually on the beach. They charge just £8.00 for overnight ( most people don't seem to pay in the winter) and there is a toilet, showers, a pub/restaurant and an uninterrupted sea view and sound of waves to wake up to ! Just 10min drive from the A27

We are looking at arranging a daytime (maybe overnight) meet here later in the year.