Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Seems like a good idea, lots of people recommend it on the forum. Also pretty reasonable circa £350 to get 5yrs cover??

Has anyone actually claimed on it / had any issues / do they decrease the cover over the last 2 year?

Thanks

It is too new for a claim on my van as only in year 2. It is the same cover as year 1 2 and 3 from VW. no brainer and more than reasonable at the cost.

Completely agree. £350 for a couple of extra years of peace of mind for repairs is good value.
I don't think it covers VW Assist as well though, you have to arrange breakdown cover separately as far as I know after the third year.

Completely agree. £350 for a couple of extra years of peace of mind for repairs is good value.
I don't think it covers VW Assist as well though, you have to arrange breakdown cover separately as far as I know after the third year.

The first two years are a VW factory warranty, the third year and the fourth and fifth optional years are a VW UK warranty with nearly the same cover. A difference being is that if you are overseas and require a warranty repair in years 3, 4 or 5 you need to pay for warranty repairs yourself and claim the cost back once you are back in the UK.

I am not sure if there are any other significant differences.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

agree.

As far as extended warranties, the VW one is the best value (cheapest) I've seen on any car; we just ordered our Cali Ocean last week and we've included the extended warranty; dealer explained that the Cali comes with 3 years as standard and the extended takes it to 5 years for just £329 + VAT.

As far as extended warranties, the VW one is the best value (cheapest) I've seen on any car; we just ordered our Cali Ocean last week and we've included the extended warranty; dealer explained that the Cali comes with 3 years as standard and the extended takes it to 5 years for just £329 + VAT.

One of the main reasons I bought a new van...the extra two years extended warranty and service plan should give five years peace of mind hopefully!!!

One of the main reasons I bought a new van...the extra two years extended warranty and service plan should give five years peace of mind hopefully!!!

Yeah - except for the 80,000 mile limit. We've done over 32,000 miles in the first 15 months. If we carry on at that rate our 5 year warranty will last just 36 months giving a value of £zero to a £329 plus VAT warranty extension!

Yeah - except for the 80,000 mile limit. We've done over 32,000 miles in the first 15 months. If we carry on at that rate our 5 year warranty will last just 36 months giving a value of £zero to a £329 plus VAT warranty extension!

I think that your use is exceptional though @Amarillo! 80,000 miles over five years is pretty unusual on a Cali I would have thought?
Are you planning on continuing it when you are home

I think that your use is exceptional though @Amarillo! 80,000 miles over five years is pretty unusual on a Cali I would have thought?
Are you planning on continuing it when you are home

We expect to do 8,000-12,000 miles per year so 64,000 to 80,000 miles by the end of Year 5. Practically perfect in every way...

...However, on the 7 June 2017 we were somewhere between Zebrugge and Unna. On the 7 June 2018 we will be somewhere between Unna and Zebrugge. As the paths cross, 12 months apart, I might suggest to Clare that we do another farewell lap of the European Union.

Last edited:
I only use my California for breaks away and have done 16000 within 12 months without doing as many trips as I would like. Next year I feel I will easily do 20000 miles or more . I plan to sell in three years leaving 2 years warranty for the buyers, it took the higher mileage option so they would have plenty of time and miles cover , in case they plan to do 30,000 a year

Back