Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

European travel-break down cover

D

ducdelux

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Ok, I'm pretty sure we won't have a problem BUT, I do like to be prepared. The AA offered breakdown cover for £80.00 for two weeks! surely there is a better deal..........anyone?

You get what you pay for. Does that include car and people for health problems?

Just roadside and to a nearby garage. Repatriation of people and vehicle if it can't be repaired, and something for hotels along the way. No health problems.

Interesting.......many thanks, I'll research that - we were covered for breakdown when we first got our VW insurance, but it seems to have disappeared now!!

If the vehicle is less than three years old you will be covered by vw assist.

Thank you. That is why it suddenly disappeared!!as it's 4 years old now

You can renew it, works out quite good value as Europe cover is included.

I renew automatically its £165 for 2 years

Kev is that RAC ? Do you not have to payore if you use the European cover ?

Sent from my SM-G900F

I did it with vw before they changed the policy moved over and includes roadside,recovery,at home,onward travel & European cover (vehicle based cover)
Bloody good deal I would say

Yes it is a good deal. However, on my latest trip to France I have discovered a pitfall.
Woke up to find my fridge had stopped working due to no power via my hookup. Rang VW roadside assistance who found an auto electrician about 40 miles away. As my van was OK to drive it was my responsibility to get there.
The auto electrician found it was a faulty circuit breaker which he replace. However it turned out that the California is only guaranteed for 12months (mine was 2years old) in France and I had to pay the 205 euros on the spot.
A call to VW assistance confirmed this and they said I would have to claim the cost back off VW customer services on my return to the UK.
On enquiring with VW CS they said I was out of time to claim as I should have done it within 2 weeks. Regardless of this I have sent a claim in to VW CS and await the outcome.
Watch this space

Good news. VW have settled my claim in full. Bust waiting for the £152 cheque.
No quibbling, just had to produce the receipt.

Back