Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe again

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Having just got back from Germany (via France, Luxembourg and Belgium) in the car, we've booked a very last minute half term trip to Britanny in the van. Plymouth - Roscoff for a week; can't wait!

Anyone else heading that way?

We are doing the opposite - France early in the year and Germany loop later in the year - do you have any tips from Belgium or Germany??

Cheers

Tony

We went last summer to camping du letty in Brittany very nice this time of year camping on the beach also la Torche a great surfing spot with lots of wild camping options

teeboy said:
We are doing the opposite - France early in the year and Germany loop later in the year - do you have any tips from Belgium or Germany??

Cheers

Tony

We took the van to Austria last year. Did a few days in Brugge first then down through Germany over two days.

It was my first time driving in Germany. I found the traffic heavy most of the time (like the UK) and horrendous from Munich to Austria (both going and returning). Coming back we did as much of the journey as possible through France - as always nice easy/relaxed driving with little traffic.

I was surprised - I was expecting the autobahns to be a model of Germanic efficiency - wooshing down through Europe at high speed. It wasn't like that at all!

I don't know if this is normal or if I was just unlucky.

We are planning on staying in brugge for a couple of days on the way back can you recommend a site?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Camping memling in Brugge is nice. 15 minute walk into the center.

Sorry - did luxury hotel in Brugge and camped in Austria so can't help with Brugge campsite.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Teeboy; we loved driving in Germany. Excellent roads and you can really press on.
Belgian autoroutes are pretty badly maintained though; many holes and gouges would burst a tyre or buckle a wheel so do drive there but be on alert. Nice not having to pay though; French autoroutes do get quite expensive.

GasGas - I surfed at La Torche when I was 15 - it was great! Will take boards too. Very nice here today too (Polzeath)!

Awesome trip and made us realise how accessible Britanny is from here (unlike air travel!).

Back to Santander next month; think we'll do a lot more of France than we had planned.

The Cali still grabs attention all over the place; we really do love it!

Heading off on Brittany Ferries Plymouth Roscoff to Le Mans next Friday Morn.....for 11 days at The 24 hours......

My first big trip in the Strudel Van since my return in March 12 from my 15 month Europe trip.

Thanks to the Cali shop shop here, paint shop, Spanish sticker shop......it's looking better then ever.

BerndRos said:
Heading off on Brittany Ferries Plymouth Roscoff to Le Mans next Friday Morn.....for 11 days at The 24 hours......

My first big trip in the Strudel Van since my return in March 12 from my 15 month Europe trip.

Thanks to the Cali shop shop here, paint shop, Spanish sticker shop......it's looking better then ever.

And your grille :)

:cool

James.....

My 'grille' will strike the fear of 'St George' into those snail Eaters as I come up behind them.......

AND.....

I now have the 'Autohaus' number plate surrounds from here and pressed plates off eBay as recommended by calikev.....yesterday at Kwik Fit while having an air con recharge the guy expected it to be LHD as he thought it was a Panther Van

I will push on from Roscoff to an aire in the morbihan on Friday eve......

Then to Le Mans by Saturday eve.......

My command post will be there for the week.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its times for a picture or two :thumb

1466093_10152046933522805_3366223727192928035_n.jpg

That's from my phone - I have much better pics on the camera!

Just spotted your comments on La Torche...We're hoping to surf there on our way back up the west coast of france, Any recommendations on camping there? And board hire (still not sure we can get 4 boards in the van - we can only get 2 in the rack on the side!)

:)

callena said:
Just spotted your comments on La Torche...We're hoping to surf there on our way back up the west coast of france, Any recommendations on camping there? And board hire (still not sure we can get 4 boards in the van - we can only get 2 in the rack on the side!)

:)
We didn't take boards on this trip (knowing it would be flat) but I scored lovely waves at La Torche many years ago. The closest we stayed was at an Indigo site in Douarnenez which was lovely! A stunning site called Plages Blanc in Concarneau was also brilliant.

Not sure about hire but there's a surf school in La Torche; schools usually do hire too.

Back