Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

euro 5 and 6 diesels

C

chuggertwo

any views ?
My runabout car other than the cali t4 is a skoda fabia now written off.
So replacing my main run-about (15k miles per year) and concerned with environmental issues running a dirty diesel... i already feel tainted but determined to soldier on with the T4 but......
When it comes to my main car I still would like a skoda and given the mileage we do.... diesel seems the main option .... i do not like changing cars and can't afford it so hope to purchase on a modest budget a car that's reliable and will last ... so should i buy a low mileage euro 5 skoda diesel or anticipating future difficulties buy a euro 6 or ....simply should i ditch the whole idea and try to go hybrid/electric...can't see how this will work with our lifestyle and mileage etc though let alone how this is economically viable given our modest budget.
Views and observations welcome !

I have recently toiled with this same question. Opting for a Euro6 Ocean. We intend to travel across UK and Europe, and it is a certaintly that diesel penalty charges are going to b introduced to most cities....Birmingham has just announced a £6 daily charge for the older diesels so many other UK cities are certain to follow. With same in Europe.

I have recently toiled with this same question. Opting for a Euro6 Ocean. We intend to travel across UK and Europe, and it is a certaintly that diesel penalty charges are going to b introduced to most cities....Birmingham has just announced a £6 daily charge for the older diesels so many other UK cities are certain to follow. With same in Europe.
Its just the money they are after, those final salary pensions don`t get paid if they cannot rake it in. If everyone got rid of their diesels they would blame another demon killer, dust particles from brake linings look to be a good back up source of funds in the future. Now if only they could sue God for the Sahara dust or grass pollen all would be well.

Back