Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

End of Factory warranty looming

T

Tomcali

VIP Member
Hi Cali comrades,

My factory warranty period is due to come to an end in September 14.

A nervous time indeed.

Any hints, tips, recommendations, advice very much appreciated.

thank you in advance

Don't worry and enjoy :thumb just take it to a dealer to give it a check over before it runs out :thumb

Thanks for response CaliKev.

Booked in next Wednesday 31st July.

No point worrying mine has been out of warranty for a year now and touch wood its needed nothing. Apart from the dreaded roof corrosion. Good luck :thumb

Hi Calikev,
Thanks for response.
My corroded roof needs repairing too.

The commercial van centre have taken images but not heard anything since?

They said that the repair centre will contact me.

For peace of mind you can always purchase further vehicle warranty can't you? Can't remember the company but Quentin Wilson the Car Journalist voices an ad campaign on TV right now, not sure of the name, it's something like Warranty Direct ????

Thanks cozmo will take a look.

many thanks

Purchaed warranty may not be good value on the cali. It has been discussed in another thread, suggest you search for it before making enquiries.

I looked into this. VW wanted about £1600 per year and most of the others around £500
So many bad reviews from all of them. Beware if you get an online quote don't put your phone number in you will be pestered to deaf :thumb I decided to deal with it when it happens :thumb

Yes same here Kev. Could even put £X a month in easy access account to help pay any unexpected bills.

There's a debate!

How much does everybody think?

Warranty on mine runs out this year too.

My advice would be to scour this forum for warranty claims made by owners - like the steering, roof corrosion, camper control unit, corroding alloys (check insides too), front doors sagging and rubbing on the sills, freshwater gauge, iPod connection sounding funny ... Just to double check that yours is ok in all these known problem areas. It will be a pain, I know, but I got stung on post warranty repairs on my Audi s5 that I could have avoided if I had learnt from other owners' warranty claims

I am also going to ask round my mates in the car trade as they will be aware of general T5 Issues. This is how I became aware of the door rubbing on the sills and corroding alloys for example. I have had both these attended to under warranty.

Then as discussed get a dealer to check it out.

Then ask yourself whether the Cali is worth the risk. We know the reliability/ build quality is crap. You will likely get hit by obscene repair bills for stupid parts failures. But I will probably hold onto mine as I haven't found another vehicle that is as suited to my needs and running a three year old one is more cost effective than running a new one.

Back