Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emtb cover for towbar bike rack.

N

Nik_campervan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After messing around with a motorbike cover wich was great for covering the bike on the rack but needed several bungee cords & roofrack straps to stop it becoming a parachute ive found the solution.
EVOC Mtb rack cover, couldnt locate any reviews with respect to size and my bikes an XL Levo 29" with ridiculously long wheelbase and 2.6" wide tryes.
Well can confirm it fits with a bit of room to spare. Has zips along the tyre circumference and one front and rear centre with 2way zips so you can pass lock/rackmount through and keep wind/rain out. Being only 1 zip centrally front & back you can only use one rack arm to secure the bike. The bottom edge has velcro to seal the front / rear sides together.
Reinforcement inside around drivetrain.
2 adjustment straps front & rear and 2 on top to take up any slack.
Packs down into small bag.
Seems well made, could only benefit from being fully double stitched as some areas only single. Paid £123 and for the convenience and quality not too bad.

IMG_20240215_192908.jpg

Advertised as also suitable for a tailgate rack but given how much a bike would extend beyond the roof & sides of a transporter it would create huge drag. Assuming you could lift an Emtb that high anyway.

That's brilliant, thanks for pointing it out. I've been using a BikeParka cover but it flaps about a bit. I do love the evoc stuff, too.

After messing around with a motorbike cover wich was great for covering the bike on the rack but needed several bungee cords & roofrack straps to stop it becoming a parachute ive found the solution.
EVOC Mtb rack cover, couldnt locate any reviews with respect to size and my bikes an XL Levo 29" with ridiculously long wheelbase and 2.6" wide tryes.
Well can confirm it fits with a bit of room to spare. Has zips along the tyre circumference and one front and rear centre with 2way zips so you can pass lock/rackmount through and keep wind/rain out. Being only 1 zip centrally front & back you can only use one rack arm to secure the bike. The bottom edge has velcro to seal the front / rear sides together.
Reinforcement inside around drivetrain.
2 adjustment straps front & rear and 2 on top to take up any slack.
Packs down into small bag.
Seems well made, could only benefit from being fully double stitched as some areas only single. Paid £123 and for the convenience and quality not too bad.

View attachment 119255
That looks a great bit of kit, I too have a Levo and it is surprisingly long.
Also looking at the towbar mounted rack, which are you using and would it be up to 2 e-bikes?
Thanks, Ken

Thule XT2 rack, will take 2 bikes each upto 30kg. Wide enough for an xl levo. Tilts to allow rear door to open. Had to remove the tilt end stops when fitted to my T4 with barn doors. So unsure if it tilts enough as standard to clear the tailgate on a cali.

Back