Emovis Tag

cheshireben

cheshireben

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Guys,

For anyone with an Emovis tag...

Received in the post yesterday, all registered by nowhere to clip the tag too.. do people stick it to the mottled area on the windscreen, just hold it up as they are going through or is there another way? (in a T6.1 here)

Cheers in advance

Ben

Hi Guys,

For anyone with an Emovis tag...

Received in the post yesterday, all registered by nowhere to clip the tag too.. do people stick it to the mottled area on the windscreen, just hold it up as they are going through or is there another way? (in a T6.1 here)

Cheers in advance

Ben
Hi Ben,

The instructions with mine said to fix the clip in the mottled area behind the rear view mirror. Just returned from a trip to France where it worked perfectly, even with the no-stop 30 Kmh lanes.

Matt

Hi Matt - how did you fix it in that area? the rear view column is too thick to fix it too?

from the web site , esay to fit in this area near the mirror. Need to look at
  • Installation Instructions: Using the Tag / how does it work

Last edited:
Had to modifier this as I had put on before a picture but it was no use. The one I took was of where a very old tag was not the one in use.
The fitting I used last and where my new one will be when I get around to putting it in is very near the top of the windscreen with another tag below. The old fitting is next to the lower one, the fitting style was changed about 5 years ago, I hope they do not keep changing as I will run out of room.
Good luck, great to have the tags when driving, Holding it up does not always work, however the Spanish one works in the glove box.

not sure if this picture will help.

1688912926026.png

Last edited:
We did the same as @Barbara above. One tip - you’ll need the serial number of the tag to register it, so don’t do as I did and stick it in place first - not possible to read it from outside!

do people stick it to the mottled area on the windscreen, just hold it up as they are going through or is there another way?
We had one in a 6.1 Coast, the bracket was stuck to the black area around the rear view mirror, actually on the UK passenger side. Never had a problem, including the 30kph booths :thumb

Always has Emovis tags and they’ve worked just fine located behind the black dotted area. BUT first time in France with my new tag and it’s failed at the first two toll booths. Waving it outside won’t work either. What a pain!

Tag shows as active in my account and battery OK. Must just be a dodgy one.
Waiting to hear from Emovis on the issue but in the meantime it’s out with the bank card at each pay station.

Anybody else had this issue?

Always has Emovis tags and they’ve worked just fine located behind the black dotted area. BUT first time in France with my new tag and it’s failed at the first two toll booths. Waving it outside won’t work either. What a pain!

Waiting to hear from Emovis on the issue but in the meantime it’s out with the bank card at each pay station.

First toll is always a fingers crossed moment :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
First toll is always a fingers crossed moment :confused:
Agree, always a bit twitchy but previous tags over many years have always worked.
Not a major problem, just an irritation.

Yes!…in France at the moment but my replacement is not working, had no issues with the past previous two.

Emailed Emovis who were quick to reply but stated the obvious - must be located in the mottled area of the windscreen, try holding it out the window & asked for a photo of where it is mounted; Think we just got a duff one.

Found the French motorists very patient, especially when they can see that you have a tag..so guessing it’s fairly common.

You can hold the barcode on the removed tag up to the scanner on the ticket machine, similar to supermarket self service till. most have a reader, and it will then charge to your Emovis account….but choose a quiet lane!

Yes!…in France at the moment but my replacement is not working, had no issues with the past previous two.

Emailed Emovis who were quick to reply but stated the obvious - must be located in the mottled area of the windscreen, try holding it out the window & asked for a photo of where it is mounted; Think we just got a duff one.

Found the French motorists very patient, especially when they can see that you have a tag..so guessing it’s fairly common.

You can hold the barcode on the removed tag up to the scanner on the ticket machine, similar to supermarket self service till. most have a reader, and it will then charge to your Emovis account….but choose a quiet lane!
Sorry you’re having issues but glad I’m not alone. Will try the barcode scan next time.

Sorry you’re having issues but glad I’m not alone. Will try the barcode scan next time.

Hi,
Sorry to doubt your thoroughness, but did you log in to your online Emovis account to activate the new tag before travelling?
Matt

We had one in a 6.1 Coast, the bracket was stuck to the black area around the rear view mirror, actually on the UK passenger side. Never had a problem, including the 30kph booths :thumb
On a slightly different note. You mentioned the 30kph lanes; no problem with the height restriction? I have a T5.1 with standard side rail mounted awning. Don't suppose you, or anyone else on here, have used the road tunnel under Versailles to get round Paris. Says the height restriction is 2m.
Thanks.

On a slightly different note. You mentioned the 30kph lanes; no problem with the height restriction? I have a T5.1 with standard side rail mounted awning. Don't suppose you, or anyone else on here, have used the road tunnel under Versailles to get round Paris. Says the height restriction is 2m.
Thanks.
I used that at easter - got neck ache from ducking at every fire exit sign ( they hang down) but fitted easily.

Thanks.
We ended up using it (accidentally!) but while scary as hell, we had no problems...

Thanks.
I have not done with with the van but did not like it with a VW sharan. Also sat nav info is lost so I was not sure where to exit.

I have not done with with the van but did not like it with a VW sharan. Also sat nav info is lost so I was not sure where to exit.
Built in VW sat nav worked fine on ours, its quite interesting watching it as you can see what's above you.

Built in VW sat nav worked fine on ours, its quite interesting watching it as you can see what's above you.
I did it 15 years ago with a Tomtom I think now things have improved. Now I mainly use google. That is interesting that you can see what is above you.

I was in a UK car by myself with no tag so had to clamber over seats and handbrake to pay as could not get out of drivers door due to a piler. Life is better with a tag and the van is so much easier to slide across if necessary than a car.

Hi,
Sorry to doubt your thoroughness, but did you log in to your online Emovis account to activate the new tag before travelling?
Matt
Update. Tag failed at every Peage, so on our return to the U.K. I sent it back to Emovis. Here’s their response:

Dear Mr Sparkes,
We have tested your tag for faultiness and confirm that your tag is indeed faulty. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and please do understand this is rare and we never intended for this to happen to you. We are willing to send a new tag free of charge which will also come with a clip. Before we do please could you just confirm your address then we will send one out to you?
Kind Regards
Emovis Tag Ltd