Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical Interface spec

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just about to order my Beach and couldn't make head nor tail of the electrical interface options. Finally got this response from VW brand folks via the dealer. See below.

The link at the bottom is to the full body builder spec - might be useful for others.

Also from a couple of different dealers I have been assured that the 240 hookup is now standard - in fact one of the dealers had just had one delivered with this in place.

Simon

************ Extract from email from dealer **********************

California Beach option query
In principle, there are two interfaces for external by bodybuilders:

1. Terminal strip: plugs with selected vehicle electrical system potentials
2. Multifunction control unit: control unit with access to the vehicle’s CAN network

UF2 is a combination of both UF1 and UF8.

The interfaces can be ordered using the following equipment numbers (PR)

PR number

Description

UF1

Terminal strip

"Electrical interface for external use"

(terminal strip in driver's underseat box)

UF8

Multifunction control unit

"Multifunction control unit for external use"

(front passenger's underseat box)

UF2

Terminal strip (UF1) and multifunction control unit (UF8)

"Electrical interface and multifunction control unit for external use"

Note: The multifunction control unit (MFG) with part number 7E0.907.427.B has a CANopen interface acc. To CIA447 specification.

Please refer to the bodybuilders guidelines for additional information

https://www.bb-database.com/aufbaurichtlinien/transporter-t5

Hi

ALL Beaches built on or after week 45 will have Hook Up... We collected ours on 10th Jan with Hook Up.... :D

It's great as well used it last night for the first time...

Cheers

Shaun

Hi,

We went for the £40 electrical interface option and were told it was an interface that makes it easier to add into the electrical system in th future, ie a tow bar. Ours is due on the 2nd of May so not too long now. We went for the Milan anthracite upholstery as well but have struggled to find and decent pics online, how does it look in th flesh? Do you have any pics of yours you would be willing to share?

Thanks

I heard that anthracite was only available with the 3 seat option and we're going for the 2 seat and storage box.

And apologies for repeating the point about the electrical hook up - as a newbie I hadn't delved deep enough the forum to see the comments about it being standard from last year.

Simon

Back