Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Hookup

jhgf

jhgf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, All

We are now the proud owners of a bright red California 180. Ordered in second week of June and we took delivery of it 2 weeks ago. Much quicker than the stated 4-6 months. Really pleased with it.

We are going for our first overnight trip this weekend and am just loading up the bits and pieces. As a newbie I have a really daft question so apologies to all the old hands.

I have bought a 25m mains hookup lead from the local branch of GO-Outdoors (there's a new massive supermarket just opened in Poole - great for camping stuff etc). The socket on the side of the Cali under the flap has the male pins sticking out. However the female socket on the end of the mains lead has a flap to cover the holes. When the flap is extended right back it prevents the mains lead from joining up with the Cali's male pins. Do I just break the flap off? Have I bought the wrong lead? What do the rest of you do?

Hope to hear from you soon as we are leaving tomorrow morning!!!

Thanks

Jonathan and Anne
Poole

Just lift the flap through 90 degrees so it points forward. Not back.

My lead is a Go Outdoors one and works fine. Although the first one had the plug fall apart in my hands, I had to change the lead.

I went to the one in Poole last week - A bit of a buttock clenching moment going under the barrier :rofl

As pistolnight says it will go in with the flap of the plug facing forward :thumb
Remember when you pull it out push the little blue lever down to release it
Good luck with your first trip
Oh don't forget to switch the mains on in the rear cupboard :thumb

Wow! What brilliant service. Thanks,guys.

Obviously I was being too enthusiastic bending the female flap through 180 degrees!!! 90 Degrees fits just fine ;)

Fingers crossed the weather is not too bad in Falmouth this weekend.

Regards

Jonathan :thanks

Once you've tested it this weekend shall we expect to see you at the SMG open day?? :thumb

I see you use Breeze, that's who I've been using for warranty work - very helpful garage.

Possibly....!

J

PS There os a grey Berghaus Cali up the road from us in Poole. Is this you, Stu? We live near Westbourne.

No that's not ours but if it's the one I think it is they are members here. Does it have a Hampshire registration?

Back