Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eagerly awaiting arrival of Cali Ocean

Claremacrob

Claremacrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hello!

After a few holidays in hired VW's and motorhomes we've taken the plunge and ordered a Cali Ocean. I'm so excited! This forum is amazing - I am overwhelmed by the wealth of information and am already obsessing over personalisation/storage options.

Hello!

After a few holidays in hired VW's and motorhomes we've taken the plunge and ordered a Cali Ocean. I'm so excited! This forum is amazing - I am overwhelmed by the wealth of information and am already obsessing over personalisation/storage options.
Hello and welcome! Feel free to share some more about what you have ordered and what you are thinking about doing with your new California.

Thank you! We fancied the idea of having a van for ages - indeed we honeymooned in a small motorhome 14 years ago and went straight to a showroom when we got back, but we weren't quite ready to sacrifice other types of holiday. The pandemic refocused our minds on what's most important - i.e. being able to get away when things are safe enough, being spontaneous, and seeing friends and family from a safe distance. Suddenly the Cali seems the most obvious lifestyle choice.

Our normal MO for vehicle buying is to look for something 1-2 years old, but apart from not finding many we realised that the price differential isn't the same for the Cali as with normal cars, so we've gone all in for a few one. We hummed and hawed for a while over Coast or Ocean, and in the end added so many things to the coast that the difference was minimal and we thought the Ocean might hold its value a little more. We went for a 199 engine and let our 9-year old son choose the colour... Cherry Red! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've got quite used to the idea now and have started to like it too.

As for what we hope to do... soooo many adventures await! Exploring the UK, venturing into Europe when things calm down, and we're also looking forward to having a great day van while we do our various sporty things. Can't wait!

Hi there, we are thinking about buying a new cali, out of interest, what's the lead times at the mo?

Hi there, we are thinking about buying a new cali, out of interest, what's the lead times at the mo?
Varies - some reporting end of December, some reporting Late Oct / Early Nov.

Holland is reporting May 2021 I think.

We were told 16-20 weeks in mid Aug, but have since been told to expect delivery around early Dec, which is a bit sooner. Having read various threads about slow delivery I am not holding my breath, but really hope it'll be an early Christmas present (the best ever!).

Back