Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvalay thickness 4 or 5cm

D

David and Jill

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. We took delivery of our New Ocean a couple of weeks ago and are slowly buying the critical bits we need thanks to much advice found on this forum! We are going to the Duvalay factory tomorrow to buy 2 x 58cm Comfort sleeping bags. We are thinking 5cm foam for best comfort but does this make the rolled up size a bit too big? Any experience of practicality of either would great.

According to Duvalay, the 2.5cm thick version rolls up to 30cm diameter, the 4cm thick is 36cm diameter and the 5cm thick is 41cm diameter.

I guess you’ll be able to see all the different ones when you’re there and maybe try them for comfort. For us, with the standard mattresses in the Cali almost ok for us just on their own, the 2.5cm won on comfort/price/size.

Having used both duvalay (sleeping bag / duvet) all in one's in my last van i got fed up of trying to use x2 on downstairs bed as one person is always sweltering under a pile of duvet whilst the other shivers with little duvet. Rolled they take up loads of space. Ended up undoing the stitching and just using the mattress with duvets from home.
When i got the cali i bought the cali specific matress for lower bed. Its great and folds into 3. Just use a duvet from home according to season.
Would not go back to the duvalay combined things. Plus found the non airtech / airfresh matress very sweaty.

I have a daft mix I need to rationalise. I bought the comfort mattress and wasn’t comfortable, so I bought a (very good) Zonesleep that combines to concertina in 3 with the comfort mattress. Arguably overkill, I could probably flog the Comfort mattress and be happy on the zonesleep with more space in the boot.
I also have 2 Duvalays! They are the best things we’ve bought, and make it feel like a home from home. Mrs very happy as the princess and the pea, but I concede they are big lumps to carry rolled up.
We have overspoiled ourselves and need to optimise.
Given my time again, I’d just have a Zonesleep and thinnest Duvalays, and not buy the Comfort for downstairs.
Upstairs we’re happy with a Zonesleep (I think) mattress cover (left up there with roof down) and the Duvalays.
As Ian Brown once said:
“There you go again with yer first world problems,
When yer livin is easy”

I have a Duvalay and Zonesleeper for sale if anyone is interested.
Pm me.