Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG Snobbery

Oh, of course, the 12 second lag for roundabouts and traffic lights :D

I'll find out how true this is when I get mine!

You'll need to wait for the engine to start too... Really it's not an issue - DSG doubters, it's just inverse snobbery! Lol...

I find parking in the centre of roundabouts quite a demonstration of superiority actually.

It basically says that you lot can wait for me.

Every one agrees, they all wave cheerily at me,

Would be nice if they used the other four digits on the waving hand as well though :sad

Oh, of course, the 12 second lag for roundabouts and traffic lights :D

I'll find out how true this is when I get mine!
No. The 12 selections you can make. Mind you, if you try to drive it like an automatic gearbox you are likely to have a 12 second delay. It's ALL in the Name - DSG

Reading through these posts I think the OP has got it wrong.

There is NO DSG Snobbery!

On the other hand - might there be some DSG Envey!

envyverb [T]
UK US /ˈen.vi/
wish that you had something that another person has:

I did wish for 4motion this weekend :eek:

Shame on you.:shocked

Toughen up!

Buy a snow shovel, use all those muscles developed by stirring gears :shocked
Ha, no problem getting moving, just in the wrong direction. The Cali nearly did a very good impression of "Eddie the Eagle Edwards" backwards :mute

I did wish for 4motion this weekend
...or that I had better tyres.

Oops.jpg

Slick, snowy mud overlying chalk - a bad combination.

Totally stuck yesterday. Just digging a hole.

Had to be pulled out by the site owner :oops:

...or that I had better tyres.

View attachment 11504

Slick, snowy mud overlying chalk - a bad combination.

Totally stuck yesterday. Just digging a hole.

Had to be pulled out by the site owner :oops:
Yes, 4Motion does have its uses at this time of the year. :thumb

Yes, 4Motion does have its uses at this time of the year. :thumb
If you can't afford all the extras and top spec engine, gearbox etc I think 4motion would come first on the list over DSG and/or higher powered engine. Very useful.

If you can't afford all the extras and top spec engine, gearbox etc I think 4motion would come first on the list over DSG and/or higher powered engine. Very useful.
I would say that is definitely the case for someone who uses their California all-year round.

What next? Privacy glass snobbery? Flashlight snobbery? :D

Nah,
We are all folks who are odd enough to enjoy living.........in a little tin box,
I think we had better stick together, whatever version of the tin box we have.
I hope Albert doesn't mind me referring to him like that GJ

Nah,
We are all folks who are odd enough to enjoy living.........in a little tin box,
I think we had better stick together, whatever version of the tin box we have.
I hope Albert doesn't mind me referring to him like that GJ

Albert is lovely, but he is no better than any other Cali.

I'm just packing him up right now. Going to CCC at Chertsey, I am at profeet in London tomorrow having my running gait analysed, new orthotics made, then hairdressers, then back to Chertsey and the following evening a Dinner at Heathrow.

Quite incongruous, packing a Campervan with running shoes, vests, crops, casual day wear and my evening dress, bag and heels. All part of the huge diversity and flexibility a cali gives. There can be no snobbery with something that can give such broad, sweeping pleasure in a diversity of environments :shocked

Can you imagine how it would feel if everyone turned up to a meet with the the exact same spec, agreeing vigorously that it is the best? Can you imagine the conversation?

Snobbery is for people who haven't lived and dare not do so.

Back