Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG Gearbox

Scapa

Scapa

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Looking for advice about DSG gearbox. When driving can you go from Drive (D) to sports (S) while on the move or do you have to wait until stopped? I notice it won't just slide from D to S unless I press the gearshift unlock button which normally means it doesn't like being moved unless stopped, so I haven't risked trying it.

I ask as I notice while around town at roundabouts, traffic lights and junctions standard 'D' position can be a bit laboured, but in 'S' position it holds a lower gear and revs kept up as a consequence. So when I come off carriageway to town streets or slow country roads with lots of junctions etc I would look to slip from D into S hence my question do I need to wait till stopped or just do it when on the move? Any advice from experienced DSG users welcome.

Cheers :thumb

Yes you can - I used to do it a lot when I first got the van as it was a novelty, but to be honest Drive is more than enough these days.

Basically the button is to stop you doing by accident and giving yourself a fright.

Ok thanks folks :thanks I will play switching between drive and sport then, until the novelty wears off :D