Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving Data all gone to zero!

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
How weird, the Driving Data (mpg, long term, since refuel) both had reset to zero when I went to start the van today. It had sat still for 3 weeks although I did run the engine a few days back for 5 mins to check the coolant pre heater.

Its as if the memory had failed due to the cold. It has stayed below freezing for the last 3 days here and today was -3 when I took the van out.

How weird, the Driving Data (mpg, long term, since refuel) both had reset to zero when I went to start the van today. It had sat still for 3 weeks although I did run the engine a few days back for 5 mins to check the coolant pre heater.

Its as if the memory had failed due to the cold. It has stayed below freezing for the last 3 days here and today was -3 when I took the van out.
Interesting. Did the van start normally on the first crank? Maybe there is a small battery somewhere which maintains memory and that was impacted by the cold?

Interesting. Did the van start normally on the first crank? Maybe there is a small battery somewhere which maintains memory and that was impacted by the cold?
Yes it did. I wondered about that too. :oops: I wonder if there is a small battery in the system responsible for that information. I have a few small electrical items it the kitchen at home which when cold ‘fail’ …… all it takes to get them going again is remove the battery and warm it up a little.

I presume your T6.1 (mine is a T6) also has 2 memories to collect trip data. Memory 2 resets under certain circumstances, either manually or automatically. Are you on memory 1?

I presume your T6.1 (mine is a T6) also has 2 memories to collect trip data. Memory 2 resets under certain circumstances, either manually or automatically. Are you on memory 1?
I believe it’s a bit different to the T.6 (?) On the T6.1 the driving data is on the MFD in the centre of the dashboard.

Back