Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine vibrations and stall

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Had a weird situation today.
Started a cold engine in garage and while driving outside it started vibrating.
When I stopped on the slope from the garage on D and brake pressed it started vibrating again and stalled.
After restart it ran fine and we made a 50km drive around fine.
The only warning there was that I have a low level tank and have to refuel.
One more thing I had a car in a washing service last time before parking it.
Any ideas what it could have been? I suspect DSG acting weird on a cold engine, or maybe some water got somewhere?

Cannot really help with a definite cause, but you said the engine vibrated and stalled while Footbrake On and DSG in D.
The DSG allows a " creep " mode, which is one of the reasons you have the Footbrake on for engine start.
Having the Footbrake on in D stops the creep, despite , I presume, partial engagement of the DSG clutch pack, but normally a Diesel engine has sufficient power and torque at idle that it cannot stall.
Was the engine firing on all 4 cylinders? Fuel contamination? . Water contamination of fuel, especially as you stated the tank is low.

My money is on contaminated fuel or even air in fuel lines. Both these scenarios can occur with low fuel in tank and would cause engine vibration.

That's odd. I had the same scenario today, to which my husband told me in an amazingly confident voice...., with a straight face... 'well, that will be condensation on the fan belt'. It's still making me giggle now!! Surely that's made up drivel?

That's odd. I had the same scenario today, to which my husband told me in an amazingly confident voice...., with a straight face... 'well, that will be condensation on the fan belt'. It's still making me giggle now!! Surely that's made up drivel?
It doesn't have a fan belt, so yes drivel.

So what's the point of me keeping an old pair of tights in Albert, then? :sad

Back