Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Don't forget to vote today

G

gatvol

Plenty of folk in the world prepared to die to secure this right in their own country.

already done :thumb Our local polling station opened at 7am, we got there at and 9.15am and were the first to vote :?

Can we now not speak our mind without being shouted at??. Or must one toe the line and be POLITICALy correct. Lighten up, life is for living. I am off to vote, don't think it will do any good though :headbang

Well I'm not bothering. I've no idea what the policies are of the respective candidates in my area so for me voting would be like pinning a tail on the donkey blindfolded.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agree with Freeley; they're are all short term thinking, corrupt, head in the sand goons that have slithered their way up the political ladder.

UKIP is different (in some good ways) but fundamentally a far right wing loon party with a slick leader. Their popularity is worrying.

Our country is in a horrendous financial mess (whatever they tell you); we are bludgeoned into thinking we're a rich nation using the hilariously daft housing market as a prop. We need to back agriculture and engineering not a corrupt finance industry and warped housing market.

Anyway, the collapse will come soon; each government just tries to stave it off.

Cheerful rant over.

The problem with sensible people not voting (and I assume you are all very sensible as you have Cali's) is that it leaves the idiots to vote - and they will vote for idiots.

Simply saying that all politicians are idiots is not a defence - even if that were true everything is relative and you always want the least idiotic idiots :)

T

johnv said:
James said:
bluebell said:

Anyone who votes UKIP should be ashamed of themselves

or 'anyone who doesn't conform to my beliefs and opinions should be ashamed of themselves?'
;)

Not at all - you can be right wing, left wing, it doesn't alter the ability to argue intelligent political debate or intelligent reasons and thoughts.

UKIP are simply the lowest of the lowest.

But then if people want to vote for them go for it,

I mean it's not as if having a far right party gain power and blaming minorities has gone wrong previously in our history :)

UKIP currently short odds on betfair to secure the most votes in this election, 1.40 in decimal odds. I'd personally think twice before commenting adversely on a large proportion of the uk population, even if the Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Mirror, Mail, Independent, Sun, BBC TV, BBC Radio have been slagging them off for months. I think only the Express is pro UKIP.

I read the guardian and have been shocked by its blatant, repeated and sometimes pathetic attempts to discredit UKIP. The guardian has looked increasingly desperate and plain biased in its reporting.

Rightly or wrongly it appears that the main political parties and media are all ganging up on little Devon based UKIP and I suspect that the British public have a soft spot for underdogs.

I think that the way the BBC have been consistently ridiculing UKIP has got almost embarrassing .. there's not an episode of HIGNFY, the News Quiz or the Now Show that doesn't include a protracted lambasting, it has become very predictable.

But when you look at the society UKIP propose

Lambasting is probably required, they are popular, blaming others for perceived ills in society has always being popular.

UKIP raise valid debates, but their solutions are horrifying.

They twist the truth for their own ends.

James

The left wing bias on the bbc now show, hignfy, news quiz is quite absurd in my opinion. I want to be entertained by these shows, not indoctrinated.

I agree Gatvol, the BBC are getting worse and worse .. their 'selective reporting' is quite shameful.
James, I think you're guilty of exactly what you're accusing UKIP of with your posts.

johnv said:
I agree Gatvol, the BBC are getting worse and worse .. their 'selective reporting' is quite shameful.
James, I think you're guilty of exactly what you're accusing UKIP of with your posts.

Not sure how that is,

I don't support UKIP, I don't believe in victimising people, groups, nor do I believe in rampant capitalism, privatising everything, ensuring the rich remain rich, I don't believe gay people are ill or that women should stay at home and be submissive. I don't believe everything should be open to the ravages of free markets.

I am 'left wing' but I have no problems with people who feel 'right wing', I do have a problem with people who promote hate and set groups in society onto each other.

Sorry, I just believe society stands more a change when we talk about problems like adults and try to solve them like adults.

I do think the mud slinging is sad, I don't think insults and names is helpful, if people want to be anti UKIP in the media, let's not dumb it down, let's have constructive debate, that's just the lazy media and the awful dumbing down that goes on with TV in particular

People will vote UKIP, in their droves that's their choice, i just feel personally they should be ashamed. If you look at what lies behind UKIP and their connections, it's uncomfortable to say the least.

James

I haven't declared my bias one way or the other, all I'm saying that you are posting stuff that you are putting across as facts :

I don't support UKIP, I don't believe in victimising people, groups, nor do I believe in rampant capitalism, privatising everything, ensuring the rich remain rich, I don't believe gay people are ill are that women should stay at home and be submissive. I don't believe everything should be open to the ravages of free markets.

as in, I don't think that any of the above are supported by UKIP, you've been listening to the BBC too much.

johnv said:
I haven't declared my bias one way or the other, all I'm saying that you are posting stuff that you are putting across as facts :

I don't support UKIP, I don't believe in victimising people, groups, nor do I believe in rampant capitalism, privatising everything, ensuring the rich remain rich, I don't believe gay people are ill are that women should stay at home and be submissive. I don't believe everything should be open to the ravages of free markets.

as in, I don't think that any of the above are supported by UKIP, you've been listening to the BBC too much.

No I haven't been listening to the BBC, I have quite an interest in politics, and I have done my own research, I also understand what it means to be a neoliberal far right political party. The above may be extremes of various candidates but all those values in one form or another will be imposed. The UKIP is a 'conservative' party, it strives to maintain he status quo and 'traditional values'.

James

It reminds me of the old alas smith and jones face-to-face sketch when one of them was on jury service. I am misquoting slightly due to the passing of time but the essence is....

So the barristers, they're lawyers right? The judge, he's a lawyer right? The lawyers, well they're lawyers right? So why do they let ignorant pillocks like you make all the decisions?

That is democracy. And the European elections at least give the smaller parties like the greens, UKIP the chance of a few seats

I live in the Newark constituency where the by election is currently on. I was disgusted to read that labour is unwilling to spend £100,000 fighting it as it would rather UKIP and the incumbent Tories slugged it out. This complacency is the root cause of widespread dissatisfaction with the main parties.

gatvol said:
It reminds me of the old alas smith and jones face-to-face sketch when one of them was on jury service. I am misquoting slightly due to the passing of time but the essence is....

So the barristers, they're lawyers right? The judge, he's a lawyer right? The lawyers, well they're lawyers right? So why do they let ignorant pillocks like you make all the decisions?

That is democracy. And the European elections at least give the smaller parties like the greens, UKIP the chance of a few seats

I live in the Newark constituency where the by election is currently on. I was disgusted to read that labour is unwilling to spend £100,000 fighting it as it would rather UKIP and the incumbent Tories slugged it out. This complacency is the root cause of widespread dissatisfaction with the main parties.

I think for most people, they lack a party that speaks for them and they feel that parties and politicians don't really speak for them.

That's the problems with 'mainstream politics'

James

This is exactly why I lost interest in politics years ago - it seems like an excuse for an argument to me! I can't stand question time with politicians shouting over the top of each other and often seemingly disagreeing with each other just for the sake of it.
The allowances scandal was the final straw for me which proved what I'd suspected for many years - that they're all a bunch of power hungry liars out to line their own pockets.

Freeley said:
This is exactly why I lost interest in politics years ago - it seems like an excuse for an argument to me! I can't stand question time with politicians shouting over the top of each other and often seemingly disagreeing with each other just for the sake of it.
The allowances scandal was the final straw for me which proved what I'd suspected for many years - that they're all a bunch of power hungry liars out to line their own pockets.

We should start the VW California Party - simple policies of enjoyment, outdoors, freedom, wine and beer :)

James

'Er indoors is a foreigner. She is totally disengaged from the Punch and Judy politics in this country. She can't understand why the parties seem to slag each other off all the time.

Given her lack of understanding of Uk traditions and history I don't think she should be entitled to vote. I certainly was not entitled to vote in her country when we lived there and I fully respected that standpoint.

Back