Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Domestic CFX28 - How to secure while traveling

Julie T

Julie T

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi everyone,
We have a Dometic CFX28 fridge and I was wondering how best to secure it when we're traveling. We have a Beach Camper (3 seat bank in the back) and the last (and first) time we traveled with it, it slid a wee bit at a roundabout and then stayed put....but it freaked me out a little bit.

In our last campervan the fridge was tiny and mounted on a bracket between the front seats.

Thanks,

Julie

Hi everyone,
We have a Dometic CFX28 fridge and I was wondering how best to secure it when we're traveling. We have a Beach Camper (3 seat bank in the back) and the last (and first) time we traveled with it, it slid a wee bit at a roundabout and then stayed put....but it freaked me out a little bit.

In our last campervan the fridge was tiny and mounted on a bracket between the front seats.

Thanks,

Julie

Two handles act as a great tie down, use bungees or straps to loop around the floor mounting points ( the ones that were designed for the purpose)

We have a 3-seat Beach and an Alpicool fridge which I think is about the same size and weight as the CFX28. We put it on an old Outwell tent doormat behind the driver’s seat - so it isn’t fixed down at all - we’ve done a total of about 4,000 miles like that and it hasn’t moved.

I find that if I ply my ‘domestic’ with enough alcohol and fasten her seat belt tightly, she travels very well.
:upsidedown

In the boot under the multiflex?

We load boot with camping gear and fridge (we have CFX35) then has nowhere to move around. Next purchase for us will be a pullout boot drawer.

Back