Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone proof read VW Owner’s Manuals?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Just traded my knackered Peugeot for a luvly shiny Polo. So doing the sensible thing and familiarising myself with all the bits and pieces. First job locate the fuse panels….. refer to manual…..”RHD cars panel located behind glovebox”. After fiddling to remove cover as diagram and instructions … no fuse box! It’s where they say the LHD car one is. BUT, unlike the Cali they do provide a fuse allocation table …. Just hope that’s not got any errors.

Just traded my knackered Peugeot for a luvly shiny Polo. So doing the sensible thing and familiarising myself with all the bits and pieces. First job locate the fuse panels….. refer to manual…..”RHD cars panel located behind glovebox”. After fiddling to remove cover as diagram and instructions … no fuse box! It’s where they say the LHD car one is. BUT, unlike the Cali they do provide a fuse allocation table …. Just hope that’s not got any errors.
We’ve had VWs in the family since 1980. Every manual I’ve read has had dozens of typos / wrong words. The best have had in stitches. So answer to your question; yes in the German, No in the English!!

We’ve had VWs in the family since 1980. Every manual I’ve read has had dozens of typos / wrong words. The best have had in stitches. So answer to your question; yes in the German, No in the English!!
Could be down to translation….. but LHD vs RHD!

Could be down to translation….. but LHD vs RHD!
My daughter got a polo you copy me again!
She’s had hers for 8yrs now great little car hasn’t had any issues in that time.
Hope the joker is going good?
Have just sold the kombi

My daughter got a polo you copy me again!
She’s had hers for 8yrs now great little car hasn’t had any issues in that time.
Hope the joker is going good?
Have just sold the kombi
Do hope you are not abandoning the “van life” completely!
The Joker is still great, just deciding on Solar…. Been waiting for Solbian but have now found The Motorhome Workshop, who are part of Sunstore. They can fit a rigid 120w panel for £706, half the cost of having a Solbian And with a 5yr warranty.

Do hope you are not abandoning the “van life” completely!
The Joker is still great, just deciding on Solar…. Been waiting for Solbian but have now found The Motorhome Workshop, who are part of Sunstore. They can fit a rigid 120w panel for £706, half the cost of having a Solbian And with a 5yr warranty.
Yeah Solbian isn’t cheap think I paid £600 for my panel with my trade discount. I would make sure whatever you go for that the panel can be unbolted as they all fail in the end.

Vanlife has taken a turn in the road, hoping to set up a little eco pod thing maybe with one campervan spot on the land next to my cottage in the cairngorms.
Have managed to put a deposit down on Something just as iconic as a westy and Cali, bit smaller and way cheaper.
It was refreshing to dealer with another dealer other than VW (had them for over a decade). Main dealer in Inverness was great and one of the only ones in the uk not pre reg vehicles and adding an extra chunk!
Will post update once it arrives next month.

It would be good to see some pics of your travels in the joker, lots on here loved mine.

For now this is my temp vehicle, it loves going up the lecht or Glenshee bumps. Drops down to 30!IMG_4256.jpeg

Back