Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does 204PS T6 have better/bigger brakes than 150PS ?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I already noticed the 150PS comes with narrower tyres which is a slight negative for me, just wondering if the brakes are also less powerful?

I drove a 204 DSG and came to the conclusion a 150PS would probably suit the laid back nature of the van better, but now wondering if I should go for the 204 - better brakes might push me in that direction.

I don't think you can say the brakes are any better, but the 204 is heavier at the front, due to the engine. If VW do the same on the T6 as they did on the T5 where the 180 had larger front brakes due to the weight and thus was restricted to wheel sizes of 17" and above whereas the 140 could have 16" wheels and above, then that could be the same on the T6.
What is the minimum wheel size on the 204 and the 150?

The 204DSG is the same engine, it just has the extra turbo fitted which only adds 18kg.

I think the Ocean 150 or 204 only come in 17" min, so maybe the brakes are the same.

The 204DSG is the same engine, it just has the extra turbo fitted which only adds 18kg.

I think the Ocean 150 or 204 only come in 17" min, so maybe the brakes are the same.
Correct. Just found a T6 Brochure. Ocean has 17" wheels as standard and Beach 16". Seeing as there seems no variation according to engine size it would seem the brake size is the same across All engine sizes.

Back