Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dodgy TDI badge

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Our red D and I have faded and the "paint" is cracking too - is this normal for a 2.5 year old van?!

One of a few warranty jobs methinks...

Count yourself lucky you have the right badge :laugh2 mine is badged up as a caddy :laugh2

My van is badged as a caddy from new I reckon there was a balls up at the factory :laugh2 :laugh2

20140420_155645.jpg

Calikev said:
My van is badged as a caddy from new I reckon there was a balls up at the factory :laugh2 :laugh2

How bizarre!!

KernowLad said:
Calikev said:

How bizarre!!

It certainly got me puzzled :doh

:laugh2 it would be a rare beast if it was :thumb maybe I should chop it in for. A caddy after all
They will become rare :thumb and it will fit in the garage

KernowLad said:
Our red D and I have faded and the "paint" is cracking too - is this normal for a 2.5 year old van?!

My 4 year old Cali had the same little issue. I just got busy with fingernail and picked all the red out and now I have an all chrome look to the lettering :)

Similar issue in that the "7" of the 174 badge below the TDI has lost it's black... Been meaning to sort it out for a couple of years...

M

cozmo1589 said:
KernowLad said:

My 4 year old Cali had the same little issue. I just got busy with fingernail and picked all the red out and now I have an all chrome look to the lettering :)

But but but then people would think our van is 85ps.. :shocked :lol:

i was just looking at ours today and the red d and i are looking that sort of old red car faded red. Mines just out of warranty so a bit of t cut might do it.... i should clean it more often....

Have you checked to see if there is a protective plastic removable film on it?

Some solidarity here: The red film in the "I" of TDI on my 1-year old Cali has started to fade and discolour! I don't think I can be bothered to try and claim under warranty ..... 13 quid for a new one apparently.

Hi All

TDI

Is there any significance to the colour of the letters? I notice some have just a red I and some a red D and I or is it just quality control issue.

Regards

Ray

Yes on the SE

Red DI = 180 just Red I =140 not sure what the beach has

Beach 140 has the Red I.

It's the same across most of the VW, Audi, Skoda models. The 140 Skoda Yeti has just the red I and the 170 has a red D & I.

Andy

Back