Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you preheat your Cali?

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
First frosty morning when using the Cali to go to work, put the heater on 10mins before setting off. All frost melted and toasty warm inside.
Is this appropriate use? :bananadance

I think that is perfect use, especially if you pressed the remote control from the warmth of your house :D

Even when camping we only tend to use our heater for short bursts - <1 hour in the morning to help you get out of bed on cold evenings.

Saying that we rarely camp in extreme cold, but my method is good enough for evenings when you get a light frost.

T

Goodness, decadence is using the remote control to turn on the heating whilst still finishing one's tea and toast ... with frank coopers marmalade of course ... ever so cali-cool...

Forgot to take the remote inside doh! :doh
If I read the instructions I seem to remember that there's a timer function that would negate the need to even press the remote button-luxury, bluudy luxury.
When I were nowt bur'a lad we could only dream of such things, look at me now. :laugh2

There is indeed a timer function, infinitely programmable for time, duration and temperature.

The last word in cali comfort is pulling up into a britstop, having a nice cup of tea, getting all glammed up, stepping out into the cold, frosty, night air, tripping over for dinner and a few glasses of wine, then with perfect timing returning to a van when the heating has turned itself on ten minutes earlier.

Sheer bliss.

Back