Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer applies super guard protection, worth it.?

Chris H

Chris H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Is the dealer applied super guard interior and fabric protection any good , dealer says it comes with 3 yr guarantee for the price of £299 + vat. Anyone had this and can comment on its effectiveness and the price.

Thanks

Chris

Seems very expensive. I used most of a 1l container of this;
http://goo.gl/gCPJZJ
Over a year later and all marks and spills so far have just come out with a damp cloth.

Thanks, looking into it, seems a right rip off.

Not quit.
If it is the AutoGlym LifeShine , then my personal opinion is that it is good insurance.
Firstly you get about £80+ worth of cleaning products.
Secondly, the Warranty works well, having used it on a previous vehicle. Had a stain that didn't come out. AutoGlym organised a full valet , not your £10 backstreet kind, and the car looked as if it had just come out of the showroom.
I do not and will not have seat covers, I don't have them at home nor in the van. At some distant point in time when the seat fabric looks worn I will get them recovered.:thumb

When in car dealer buy a car (or van), all of the extras they offer are just cash cows. You can normally get better elsewhere; finance, gap insurance, polish, fabric protection.

Personally I steer clear of gap insurance, polish, fabric protection - but that is my personal choice.

Sadly I do need finance, but I use Santander for that and not VWFS...

I figure £299+VAT will get you a full valet every year for 3 years...

I seem to remember the motoring journalist Honest John said it was a rip off & cheaper to Diy. Might be worth a Google.

Is the dealer applied super guard interior and fabric protection any good , dealer says it comes with 3 yr guarantee for the price of £299 + vat. Anyone had this and can comment on its effectiveness and the price.

Thanks

Chris
Did this include exterior paint protection?

Yeh was for internal and external coating.
If its Autoglym Lifeshine then the price sounds OK for a large vehicle. Honest John says that it is "one of the best treatments and its guaranteed ". It was applied to my Cali when new but as it is a demo and we haven't picked it up yet, can't comment on how good it is.

I had it done on the Alcantara interior and the exterior paint (but it was not THAT price!!!:eek:)
well worth the upholstery as I spilled red wine an seats and it just went into easy mop up globules
Paintwork...not sure it made any diff...but I am not a loving polish the bus person (sorry)..so maybe it has cos it still looks nice and clean and shiny when washed 3 years on!

Not worth it in my opinion. I had it done to my car and it was as Teeboy says a cash cow to make the dealer kick backs. I ended up having a full detail on my car and the place I used in Sterling use gtechniq serum. It is amazing - after a light wash it make my car look like I spent all day detailing it - I would put the money toward that instead - http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/crystal-serum

It was £300 - that included a very detailed detail before the serum. To have the Gtechniq rather than just a polish cost only £15 extra. I know the Cali is a lot bigger than my car but if you have it done as soon as you get it you won't need a detailed clean first.
See if there are any detailers near you that are approved users give them a call.

It was £300 - that included a very detailed detail before the serum. To have the Gtechniq rather than just a polish cost only £15 extra. I know the Cali is a lot bigger than my car but if you have it done as soon as you get it you won't need a detailed clean first.
See if there are any detailers near you that are approved users give them a call.

Thanks, got a dealer just down the road from me.

Compare like with like.
With the Autoglym treatment you get at least £80+ of cleaning products and the 3 year warranty included in the price.

Compare like with like.
With the Autoglym treatment you get at least £80+ of cleaning products and the 3 year warranty included in the price.

The vw dealer ive gone to only has supaguard, as they did not mention Autoglym. But ive got 6 months to look at those options now.

Back