Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deactivated lots of stuff?

Robert&Catherine

Robert&Catherine

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just received this email message from VW. Does anyone know what I have done and how to undo it! Can’t see anything obvious on the infotainment system or on we connect. Will call the helpline next but thought someone on here would know.

We wish to inform you that via the infotainment system for your vehicle on 07/09/2023 - 22:03, the following mobile online services were deactivated:
Service Scheduling
Online Route Calculation
Online Traffic Information
Lock & Unlock
Internet Radio
Online map update
Vehicle health report
Horn & Turn Signals
Vehicle status
Online Destination and Route Import
Apple Music
Online Voice Control
Parking Position
Parking Spaces
Driving data
Online Anti-Theft Alarm
Breakdown Call
Filling stations

You can reactivate these mobile online services at any time via your vehicle’s infotainment system.

Just received this email message from VW. Does anyone know what I have done and how to undo it! Can’t see anything obvious on the infotainment system or on we connect. Will call the helpline next but thought someone on here would know.

We wish to inform you that via the infotainment system for your vehicle on 07/09/2023 - 22:03, the following mobile online services were deactivated:
Service Scheduling
Online Route Calculation
Online Traffic Information
Lock & Unlock
Internet Radio
Online map update
Vehicle health report
Horn & Turn Signals
Vehicle status
Online Destination and Route Import
Apple Music
Online Voice Control
Parking Position
Parking Spaces
Driving data
Online Anti-Theft Alarm
Breakdown Call
Filling stations

You can reactivate these mobile online services at any time via your vehicle’s infotainment system.
Assume you did something at 22.03? If so that might be a good starting point. Did you tick a box that could be unticked? Or did it just happen out of the blue?

Assume you did something at 22.03? If so that might be a good starting point. Did you tick a box that could be unticked? Or did it just happen out of the blue?
I think I was helping my wife put up bunting!!! Certainly was not messing with the infotainment system as we were both busy putting all of our gear in to the new van. Very strange…managed to unlock via my phone after getting this message (so that bit isn’t deactivated). Very strange?

I think I was helping my wife put up bunting!!! Certainly was not messing with the infotainment system as we were both busy putting all of our gear in to the new van. Very strange…managed to unlock via my phone after getting this message (so that bit isn’t deactivated). Very strange?
Have you tried any of the functions listed to see if they have actually been switched off? Were you paying for these online functions or were they “freebies“ for a limited time? If the latter could that period have ended?

Have you checked to see if those services still work? I had the same email not long after we took delivery of our van but nothing seemed to have been deactivated.

This happened to us. It was something to do with privacy settings on the infotainment system in the van.

When you are not sure, you end up pressing so many things you don’t know what fixes it.

I think a privacy setting came up on the drop down menu and I set it to let everything happen.

I will have a look later after work.

This happened to us. It was something to do with privacy settings on the infotainment system in the van.

When you are not sure, you end up pressing so many things you don’t know what fixes it.

I think a privacy setting came up on the drop down menu and I set it to let everything happen.

I will have a look later after work.
Thank you

Home button
Pull down the drop down menu (from line at the middle top)
Press icon on the top right
Range from icongnito to all on

16941524249193135188539584858889.jpg

16941525051724554067757585803583.jpg

Wait until you get the message from VW saying they are locking the gearbox until you pay your next van payment.

Back