Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged Wing Mirrors

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi All,

Managed to scratch the painted outside of my wing mirror, foolishly parking my 2014 Cali in a very narrow multi-storey car park!

Does anybody have advice on repair or replacement?

It would only need a paint repair -the mirror and function are fine.

Thanks

Last edited:
You could fit chrome covers over the mirrors.

Someone on ebay sells pre painted covers for about £50 per pair.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have found the Cali mirrors very robust.

Both mine have been scraped, bashed and shot at.

I have a severely scraped N/s mirror where I went down a "less than two metres wide" street in France. As Martin said, quite easy to get pre-painted covers and U will do when the time comes but the scraped look suits me just fine at present.

I have scratched mine also recently:headbang
But tought i read the whole inside door trim need to be taken off to take outside mirror off?
Anybody taken their outside mirror off , tips?

But tought i read the whole inside door trim need to be taken off to take outside mirror off?
Can you not just change/repair the caps?

Quite easy to replace, just tilt the mirror all the way forward and you will see some clips, just be careful not to snap them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To take the whole mirror body off you do need to remove the door card (easy to do and there is a good guide on here). The painted mirror cap should just pop off though. Just cost me £35 to have a new cap sprayed to match.

Ok , tkx guys , will look in to that ....
:thumb

The covers are, typical of modern cars, mostly a one time fit only due to the integral clips which can break on mirror removal.

Even our local VW body shop had to paint and fit a 2nd new set when the first new set they fitted weren't fitted perfectly (this was on a 1 month old Cali at the time - mirror removed by a bus (so a whole new mirror unit as well) and the bus company paid for the repair - so we wanted it right)

I had a bad moment recent depassing a bus also , when i was next to the bus suddenly it came to my side and i had no where to go so we hit mirrors , insurance told it is hard to recover as i was depassing , his word against mine about him leaving the driving lane ...so probaly end up paying the repair myself.
Black plasitc trim few marks , paint few marks .
Gonna wait on final words from insurace before trying to polisch the marks.

Back