Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DAB radio?

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I see there has been a bit of discussion about this, but to sum up again - does anybody know if there's a decent and not-too-expensive DAB/FM radio/CD player with an aux socket (for ipod etc.) which is easily fitted into the Cali? Is the existing aerial good enough (haven't figured out where it is yet!) I don't need satnav.

Andy said:
Ariel is in one of the wing mirrors.

If aerial is in wing mirror, so what is the vertical metallic line embedded in the middle of the windscreen ?

Aerial in door mirror on facelift vans which don't have the thin vertical metallic strip in the windscreen. I had a pre-facelift and the radio reception was a lot better than my current van.

Hubert

I am also very much interested in the DAB reception. As far as I know DAB antenna must be on the roof (omnidirectional), usually it is the shark thin shape. My California is Polyroof type, so in theory I could place it inside the vehicle as the roof is non-metallic.

If aerial is in wing mirror, so what is the vertical metallic line embedded in the middle of the windscreen ?

Sorry without any info to the contrary I assumed you had a facelift Cali.
If you put details of your Cali in your profile signature it will help people give you more acurate info in the future.

Andy
It was me replying to you rather than you replying to me. Thank you for the tip with signature anyway, I updated it.

Hmm - thanks all so far. I wouldn't want to go putting anything on the roof, as this then spoils the abiilty to get into multi-storey car parks! Strangely, I can get good reception in most places on a teeny little personal DAB radio when sleeping up in the roof.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has actually put a DAB radio in.

I just realised that we are talking about the terrestrial DAB rather than satellite DAB, I guess in that case using the existing antenna should be perfectly possible.

Back