Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Curtain problem in Ocean 6.1

duelago

duelago

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello!

I'm a bit annoyed. Had my T5 California for 13 years and my curtains worked perfect for many nights out camping.
Now after just a few nights sleep in the new T6.1, a plastic tab broke and I can't get one curtain to stay in the down position.

I tried to communicate with my dealer here in Sweden, but they just ignore me. Made a little video for the dealer in Swedish explaining the problem. I added english captions if you want to have a look.

Anyway, am I the only one with this problem? Is there a solution except me complaining at the dealer until they do something...
I own a 3d-printer and can make my own parts, but I don't know how to take the car apart so I get access the guide wire and the plastic tab.

Blue Skies,
/David

Our kitchen window blind has a life of its own.

We use blu tack.

I have exactly the same problem, in your video you can see the tab which should be connected to the bar that you pull down, sitting at the end of the runner. I managed to fix it by pulling the blind down on one side only so you can pull it out from the runner. In my case (and yours) I did this sitting inside the van so I pulled down the left hand side. Once the bar is outside the runner you can position it so the black tab can be reinserted into the end of the bar.

It hasn't been 100% since so the van is booked into the dealers in a few weeks time.

I have exactly the same problem, in your video you can see the tab which should be connected to the bar that you pull down, sitting at the end of the runner. I managed to fix it by pulling the blind down on one side only so you can pull it out from the runner. In my case (and yours) I did this sitting inside the van so I pulled down the left hand side. Once the bar is outside the runner you can position it so the black tab can be reinserted into the end of the bar.

It hasn't been 100% since so the van is booked into the dealers in a few weeks time.
Yes, but the problem for me is that the plastic tab broke on one side, so I had to pull it out on the other side to be able to use the blind at all.

I find this particular blind to be the flakiest and least confidence inspiring of them all. I've lost count of the number of times my head has bumped against it getting out of the Cali.

Back