Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh water tank leaking problem

duelago

duelago

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello gurus,

I need to replace or fix my leaking tank. The car is a 2007 California. Any advice on how to get access to the tank? As far as I can tell I need to remove almost all of the interior? Is there any documentation available online on how to do that?

Is it perhaps easier to reach the tank from underneath the car?

Lets say I give the car away to a professional. How many hours do they need in general to replace the tank?
The Cali is very uncommon in Sweden, so my guess is that I can't find a person with knowledge about this specific problem in my area = sounds like many hours of work :(

Blue Skies,
/David

Hi Sweden boy,
From underneeth you will only see the overflow drains...:D
But first tell us the problem more in detail , pictures.... , you don't wonna tear your interieur down if it is possible to solve it other ways...

Hi
My first Cali had a leak --it was the tap---- took the handle off to make sure it was turning off far enough.. It was not , a small spanner or just turn the handle upside down to check. You will have to wait a few moments to see if it works

You can fix the most things yourself , there are the round plastic caps inside the warbrobes to get acces to the pump and the attachment of the pipes ...
But he need to tell what the exact problem is before we say try this or that....no bother if it is not the right thing

Hi All, As I am inclined to be lazy, I always start with the easiest first.
The trouble with leaks they have a tendency to wander before dropping downwards
Hope you get it sorted
Regards

My problem started with the drain a couple of years back. From time to time I couldn't get it 100% sealed. Water was dripping out at slow pace. Sometimes I could solve the problem by open the valve and drain the tank completely, shut the valve and fill the tank again. However this year it's much worse and it looks like water is leaking from two places. Hard to tell if that is the case, but something is different. I had one night with sub zero degree temperatures and I think something went wrong that night. If I fill the tank full, it will now only take a night and the water is gone. It's a much bigger leak than before and I need to fix it. It's gone from annoying to bad.

Thank you. The last post in that thread is interesting. Anyone knows how to do the quick adjustment instead of removing the whole kitchen unit?