Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Crit’air website, what am I doing wrong!!!!‍♂️

andyisinwilts

andyisinwilts

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am trying to apply for the crit’air sticker off of links from this group. I have tried several times to upload the V5 picture, but it won’t let me go any further, even though it’s in a jpeg format & only 156kb it says:-

Proof of registration is mandatory, less than 2 MB in size and in .png, .jpg or .pdf format. It is possible to compress your document easily and quickly. You will find dedicated websites with the help of your search engine, using the keywords 'compression pdf' 'compression jpg' 'compression png', depending on your document type.

So help please am I doing something wrong? I have tried safari & chrome as well as from FB page & from this forum????

Is the exact file extension.jpg and not.jpeg?

If you’re unsure try a pdf version.

Managed to get it sorted, someone from the FB page suggested scanning the V5 to make it a pdf rather than jpeg, it went through straight away no problems.

I was able to send a scanned Pdf without any problems,
arrived a few days later in the mail box. Cost about 6,70€

What happens if you don’t have a crit air sticker ? I’ve a new Cali and hoping my log book arrives before I go away in two weeks

What happens if you don’t have a crit air sticker ? I’ve a new Cali and hoping my log book arrives before I go away in two weeks
Depends. If you are not driving through an area that has air quality restrictions applied to it, nothing. You don’t “have” to have one. If you do drive through and they are applied, you get fined.

You don’t have to have one, just if there are issues and it is a city that is part of the crit air restrictions.

Took us a week to get ours and in the event of you needing to leave before they send you the sticker you are allowed to use the response mail if stopped. It’s a bit of a no brainer to be honest.

Depends. If you are not driving through an area that has air quality restrictions applied to it, nothing. You don’t “have” to have one. If you do drive through and they are applied, you get fined.

You don’t have to have one, just if there are issues and it is a city that is part of the crit air restrictions.

Took us a week to get ours and in the event of you needing to leave before they send you the sticker you are allowed to use the response mail if stopped. It’s a bit of a no brainer to be honest.
Thanks, I’m only passing through Strasbourg for a few days on way to Switzerland. The Cali is category 2 I believe, the crit air doesn’t come into effect until 2025 for a cat 2.
Thanks.

Thanks, I’m only passing through Strasbourg for a few days on way to Switzerland. The Cali is category 2 I believe, the crit air doesn’t come into effect until 2025 for a cat 2.
Thanks.
AFAIK crit air is “always in effect” when pollution is high and it is announced as is the need to display the sticker in that zone. The numbers just refer to which vehicles are allowed to pass through Crit air zones when this happens, with the Cali being a 2 due to Euro 5/6 meaning it is the second least polluting vehicle on the roads and therefore usually allowed into a crit air zone.

Last edited:
Back