Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown 5 Begins

Looks amazing apart from the rear end sag some new 35mm ebach bilstein springs and shocks it will be a perfect over land machine
lol
Even if it was sagging, how would new shocks (I assume you mean dampers?) help?

Have a great trip and thanks for sharing your planning and tips

Enjoy your trip! I’m looking forward to reading about your travels.

Have a good trip, hopefully we will be on our way to oresund bridge and Malmo on 22nd May.
I don't know if you knew but you can purchase a 30day Return pass at a discount on the Oresund Bridge website. No stopping at the toll booths.

First night on the outskirts of Hamburg.
They still haven’t finished the major road/tunnel/bridges building that has been going on since before 2014. Traffic flow going north was heavy but flowing.
Nice quiet campsite, behind the Hamburg IKEA. Can’t see it though.

IMG_2312.jpeg

Now in Copenhagen. The Oresund Bridge tomorrow. Purchased a 30 day Return Pass last night, so no stopping tomorrow just use the Green gates.

But today another long bridge The Storebaelt Bridge or The Great Belt Bridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Belt_Bridge. The Toll here is 275 Danish Kroner payable by card or cash.

Pitched up here,

IMG_2313.jpeg

Wicked. Any chance of some site pics etc. We visit Malmo quite often but always fly and stay in Copenhagen. It would be nice to take the van at some point.

Welshgas do you prebook all your campsites or just go with the flow and see how far you get

Welshgas do you precook all your campsites or just go with the flow
No, only my last one, an hour from the ferry in Holland, as it has an excellent restaurant and bar for my last night.
Having said that, if you are travelling late June onwards things start getting busier, and if not booking you need to get there by 3pm to secure a pitch and it’s more likely they can fit you in if you don’t require EHU.
Mid July onwards can be very busy. Less so in September so I’ve been told.
The far north has midges from late June just as in Scotland, inland.

Thanks Welshgas incredibly helpful as always. Enjoy your trip great to see everyone journeys

Crossed The Oresund Bridge this morning and proceeded to Kristinehamn, about a 1/3 of the way up.
The route I took was the longest but quickest . Now I’m in mid-Sweden I’ll be taking my time. The southern section is mainly farmland and I’ve seen enough Oil Seed Rape to last me a lifetime. Now it’s the forests and lakes.

This is the campsite for tonight. No communal shower blocks. Individual Shower rooms that you could actually swing a cat in. Right next to a lake.

image.jpg

IMG_2319.jpeg

Further north now. Large campsite, virtually empty.
It seems in Sweden/Norway the SatNav works well plotting the route and distances BUT I don’t know what database of road speeds it uses but it seems to overcalculate by 2-3 hrs for the journey but as you travel the arrival countdown.
Today’s trip was calculated as 9.5 hrs but was 7 hrs 3 minutes. This has only happened since crossing The Bridge to Sweden.IMG_2322.jpeg
And guess what, after seeing No California’s so far, 2 turn up on the campsite.
IMG_2320.jpeg
And if you look carefully there is an idBuzz behind the trees. Not a camper version, they’re tenting.

IMG_2321.jpeg