Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

COTF- Thank You!!

jamesC said:
Bleur fleur said:
Thank you so much for organising...a lot of behind the scenes stuff is much appreciated.
It was lovely to meet new people and to share tips and ideas...you never stop learning with a Cali! A big thank you to Comforts for their customer service!!
It would be nice to have a meet in the Midlands. Everything does seem to be dominated by the South. A Midland meet might encourage more of our northern members to participate.

Maybe a meet/camp near A14/M1/M6 junction might work hey Kev???.... Say Early Sept?? ;-)
I'm Deffo up for that maybe a wicksteed camp over :laugh2 :laugh2

Had a great time
Thanks for having us...... The Belgians!
Was our first oversea trip, will defenatly take the ferry again!
We ar standing in Dover to board as i write this message, wifi however is terrible in GB , in France you get much more free wifi spots.
Wil post pics when home....

Kev/Martin,
Here’s some ideas for alternate events at future COTF’s. I have tried to think of activities across the board, that would engender more member interaction and extending the duration of people staying around. No particular order and not all fully thought through. Many may have well been considered before and dismissed for various reasons. The principle to favour would be other members (not you guys) organise the events, setting the conditions of participation, costs, etc, and run the event at COTF. Clearly some coordination would be required overall, to avoid clashes etc.
• BBQ, hog roast, etc: Get commitment to attend and payment up front, even if people choose not to attend.
• Swap shop, bring & buy, etc.: Area where people can post items (either physically or piccies) they are interesting in swapping/selling, with contact details. Ideally the items would be with the individual at the event, so that people can look at them, interact.
• Photo competition: Those who take pictures at the event post their favourite on-line after the event, for a committee (or just the organiser or a sponsor) to select the winner, with a small prize. Would encourage people to interact during the event.
• Craft, artwork, etc. stalls: Either local to their Cali or in the vendor area. Anyone you has a skill or craft can offer their wares to other members.
• Holistic events: Probably a stretch but if members can do massage, reflexology, etc. they set-up an area to offer services (either free or for a modest charge).
• VW technician: Someone to help solve technical issues or offer advice on site. May need to define scope of what they can provide clearly.
• Walking/cycling: A member can suggest some routes, set a time and get people to sign-up ahead of the meet.
• Best in meet: A sponsor selects their favourite set-up and offers a small prize.
• Treasure hunt: Members offer up a cryptic clue related to their set-up and other members work the arena to find the answers.
• Run-out: Local drive/convoy.
• Picnic: Those interested, meet to chat, eat, etc. (either on site or off).
• Best flag, etc.: A small committee vote for the best flag (or other swirly thing on a stick), for a small prize.
• Local press/media: Invite them at least to come and visit, talk to organisers/members.
• Favourite accessory: Either post pictures or the item itself in the marque. Owning members could then show to others interested.
• Cali recipes: Members drop off favourite recipes in a box for other to peruse. Upload to forum later.
• More vendors: Maybe invite some others (e.g. Wi-Fi or LED engineers). Saw there was lots of interest last weekend.
• Mini-meets: Prior to COTF, members from designated areas consider gathering at the event. Maybe to set-up future local meets, etc.
• Most useless/useful thing: Members nominate/show off items at their pitch. Promotes some dialogue.
Thanks enough! Hope this is useful and triggers some other thoughts (and or volunteers).

Thanks again.

A big thank you to Martin, Kevin and the other helpers we had a great time and met some fab people.

We had a 650 mile trip from Scotland to join you and no sooner was the party warming up when you all got up and left ;) still, once it was quiet we had a very private field all to ourselves which meant such a great view for the next couple of days.
We did another quick sweep of the field for litter, jewellery, coins, small trinkets pieces of gold but you left us nothing except this; :laugh2

image.jpg

Yes, thanks from me too...

My main thing for next time would be if at all possible, having those with children near each other/nearer the toilets, but I know that might be tricky to manage!

Thanks so much.

I will also try and get organised and sort some sort of mini-meet up north towards the end of summer :)

Great weekend and thanks to the chaps for their efforts. Regional meetings would be good so folk get to know a few friendly faces beforehand.

One plea though, I cleared a couple of piles of pooh of free running dogs that the owners missed as they were looking at Calis not their dogs and with kids running around, not good. Within the confines of the Calis camping area can we look to keep hounds on leads? Yes I do have dogs so not anti doggist ( if that is a word ) Sorry if seem a party pooper :laugh2

jimandcaz said:
Yes, thanks from me too...

My main thing for next time would be if at all possible, having those with children near each other/nearer the toilets, but I know that might be tricky to manage!

Thanks so much.

I will also try and get organised and sort some sort of mini-meet up north towards the end of summer :)

Maybe a consideration for people with a medical condition!!

Cody said:
Great weekend and thanks to the chaps for their efforts. Regional meetings would be good so folk get to know a few friendly faces beforehand.

One plea though, I cleared a couple of piles of pooh of free running dogs that the owners missed as they were looking at Calis not their dogs and with kids running around, not good. Within the confines of the Calis camping area can we look to keep hounds on leads? Yes I do have dogs so not anti doggist ( if that is a word ) Sorry if seem a party pooper :laugh2

;)
There where not only Cali dogs but the other visitors from the whole camping area used that place as dogwalk......
I usualy clean up afther my dog :cool
The non electric pitches actually where ON the dog walk site i belive....

True enough and merely an observation. Did spot the pups responsible and wasn't 'genpop'. Anyhow, let's not let it detract from what was a great weekend with friendly folk having a great time and now having such fun clearing an entire beach worth of sand out of the Cali after soggy sandy dogs dried out on way home! And they're not even offering to help :sad

From Mrs Snowy

Would just like to say a huge 'thank you' to everyone who made COTF 2014 happen. We really enjoyed ourselves. Will defo be coming next year.

SMG did a great job on fitting accessories to our Cali, a friendly VW dealership, not something we've been accustomed too.

My suggestion is T Shirts with COTF 2015 on and then we can promote the club wherever we going wearing it thereafter! My son produces them for the MK1 Golf Club Annual get together and they are always a sell out.

Great job guys, thanks again

Back