Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

COTF- Thank You!!

M

maui2512

Guest User
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Kevin and the other organisers for a fantastic weekend at COTF! This is the first time we've ever been to anything like this and we've had a brilliant time. Super organisation guys!
It was lovely to chat to other Cali owners and not just bore my husband for a change, and what a truly nice bunch you all were. I wasn't really sure what to expect but every single person I spoke to was warm and welcoming and had interesting tales to tell.
Thanks also to Zebedee for arranging all the craft activities, and whoever organised the glow sticks was my children's hero!
Really looking forward to the next one already. And I will make sure I leave time to clean my van next time...really don't want to be dirtiest one on the site again :oops: (especially as we were parked next to the cleanest, shiniest lovely white van there!)...I really let the side down there!!
Thanks again - hope you all had safe travels home.
Jane

Re: Thank You!!

Oh and I forgot to say thanks to the guys from SMG Cowfold who came and fitted my spare wheel lock for me which I'd failed to do for about a month now :crazy - beyond the call of duty, so thanks again, what nice guys! :thanks

We kind of you to say Jane.
Me and martin would also like to thank everybody that came to Cali's on the farm as well.
Some of you made epic journeys to attend 1 member had a 10 hour drive from Glasgow
It was really nice to see so many new faces and new Cali's this year.over 150 Cali's on the same campsite was a picture. Also great to see all the Belgium members making a great effort,most visiting the UK for the first time. A big thank you to all the volunteers historybob,Tim,James,bigmac Andy,zebedee who kept the kids busy on sat afternoon and the 2 kind members who collected all the pitch numbers up this morning,and all the other members that offered their help, and finally a big big thank you to everybody for leaving the campsite looking so clean and tidy. See you all next year

Happy to help Kev. You guys did the hard work.
PS I found drawing pins 71 and 72 in my pocket when we got home - the painful way!

veg_frenzy said:
Happy to help Kev. You guys did the hard work.
PS I found drawing pins 71 and 72 in my pocket when we got home - the painful way!

Oh dear :laugh2 can you save them and bring them with you next year :thumb

Re: Thank You

Big thank you to Kevin and Martin for organising a great meeting. We thorouhly enjoyed our first COTF and look forward to joining you all next year.

Just to echo what Kev has said, thanks to all the volunteers that helped out over the course of the weekend you all did a great job.

Just so you can put faces to names

Nemo - front gate
JamesC - front gate
Big Mac - standard field (marshall)
Historybob - Electric field (marshall)
zebedee - kids stuff in marquee

Also big thanks to SMG for sponsoring the marquee, Kenwood UK for suppying the music and Symcro for sorting out the lighting.

Finally a big thanks to everyone who attended, it makes it all worth while when we see so many Cali's turn up.

Total count at midday on Saturday was 149 !!!!

BTW, keep the idea's coming for next year please, we really want your feedback.

Thank you Kevin and Martin I know you both worked constantly through the weekend which has to go down as a great success, very much enjoyed by the wife and myself we learned a lot from other members having only had ours for a few months.
:thanks
Pete and Gina

Martin said:
Just to echo what Kev has said, thanks to all the volunteers that helped out over the course of the weekend you all did a great job.

Nemo - front gate
JamesC - front gate

Also big thanks to SMG for sponsoring the marquee, Kenwood UK for suppying the music and Symcro for sorting out the lighting.

Finally a big thanks to everyone who attended, it makes it all worth while when we see so many Cali's turn up.

Massive thanks to Martin & Kev, and the other behind the scenes people that pulled together to make this such a fun event!

I thoroughly enjoyed working the front gate with Tim (Nemo) as it gave me a chance to speak with almost everybody, and some faces are now beginning to stick, so good to feel the community is coming together like this!

jamesC said:
Martin said:

Nemo - front gate
JamesC - front gate

Massive thanks to Martin & Kev, and the other behind the scenes people that pulled together to make this such a fun event!

I thoroughly enjoyed working the front gate with Tim (Nemo) as it gave me a chance to speak with almost everybody, and some faces are now beginning to stick, so good to feel the community is coming together like this!

Completely agree with James, huge thanks to Kev and Martin for organising such a great weekend!

Martin said:

a few thoughts for next year:
1) have people's forum name either on their van/pitch so that we can put faces/vans/names together
2) have a Cali street party where everyone brings their tables and chairs out onto one of the roads in the site and have a huge long table where just for one of the meals everyone can have lunch/dinner together
3) have a pinboard where people can post messages for things they've brought with them that they want to buy/sell for the Cali (e.g. bike racks, mattresses, etc etc). Or could have an area in the marquee where people can bring labelled items and we could take it in turns to man the stall, and collect money for the items...(like a table top sale)

Martin said:

Hi Martin
We had a good time but would have preferred to have a better pitch closer to everyone else. It was out first time to this event and we ended up on field with no californias next to us. Not a problem for us as we met some nice people but just would have been even better if we could have been next to some other cali's.

Ben

Another big thank you from us (Clare and Ian)! We really enjoyed our first Cali event - and will be back for more!

We like Maui2512'suggestions for next time - particularly having forum names on view for those who want to - maybe in the front window?

maui2512 said:
Martin said:

a few thoughts for next year:
1) have people's forum name either on their van/pitch so that we can put faces/vans/names together
2) have a Cali street party where everyone brings their tables and chairs out onto one of the roads in the site and have a huge long table where just for one of the meals everyone can have lunch/dinner together
3) have a pinboard where people can post messages for things they've brought with them that they want to buy/sell for the Cali (e.g. bike racks, mattresses, etc etc). Or could have an area in the marquee where people can bring labelled items and we could take it in turns to man the stall, and collect money for the items...(like a table top sale)

Three great idea's, thank you. We will put these down for next year

Benscali said:
Martin said:

Hi Martin
We had a good time but would have preferred to have a better pitch closer to everyone else. It was out first time to this event and we ended up on field with no californias next to us. Not a problem for us as we met some nice people but just would have been even better if we could have been next to some other cali's.

Ben

Good point Ben, this was only down to the amount of people wanting electricity, next year we won't be using that field at all so everyone will all be together.

Also two of the biggest requests from people this weekend was:

1. Entertainment in the evening

2. Make the event last for a longer period.

Anyway, we had a meeting with the campsite owners before we left and they will allow us to have entertainment next year ( up until 10pm) and we also plan to extend the meet to four whole days.

Thankyou for a Great Event

The location was brilliant , facilities excellent , dog walking area spot on

Another big thankyou to the lady who organised the kids activities Saturday afternoon my daughter keeps showing of the key rings and buntin she made

:goodone

A defo for next year

Chris , Alison , Emily ,
Bailey the Cocker Spaniel and Bella the Jack Russell

I was really worried about coming as I did not know anyone but I had a warm welcome from the minute I arrived and have now made so many new Cali friends.

Some meets I have been to in the past with other clubs have been very clique, this is no the case with this club. roll on next year :clap

Ref ideas for next year.

1.first year at cotf we had a plaque engraved with our names and user name made and put this on our dash with message from rick stein which seemed to draw people to have a look and have a chat.

2. Cleanest Cali - nothing too serious I will put a prize together if you want to go with it

3.souvenir plaque small type with year we go to mini shows where these are made of stainless could be paid for when booking so that the right amount are ordered

Thanks Sheila & Michael.

I didn't think cotf was a show I thought it was just a get together
Of cali's the

Great weekend, thanks for the team for organising. I think I may have imagined it but on Saturday morning there was a spy bot flying around the site. Would love to see the footage if anyone has it! Love the kids crafts, made the kids weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigmac did the video for us but he is still on holiday as soon as he has had a chance we will get it on :thumb

Thank you so much for organising...a lot of behind the scenes stuff is much appreciated.
It was lovely to meet new people and to share tips and ideas...you never stop learning with a Cali! A big thank you to Comforts for their customer service!!
It would be nice to have a meet in the Midlands. Everything does seem to be dominated by the South. A Midland meet might encourage more of our northern members to participate.

Bleur fleur said:
Thank you so much for organising...a lot of behind the scenes stuff is much appreciated.
It was lovely to meet new people and to share tips and ideas...you never stop learning with a Cali! A big thank you to Comforts for their customer service!!
It would be nice to have a meet in the Midlands. Everything does seem to be dominated by the South. A Midland meet might encourage more of our northern members to participate.

Maybe a meet/camp near A14/M1/M6 junction might work hey Kev???.... Say Early Sept?? ;-)

Thanks for a great event. The whole family really enjoyed the weekend. I will apologise now for the kids riding around and around the site for the whole weekend! At least you all had a respite for two hours on Saturday afternoon. The craft session was a great idea and the kids loved it.

Thanks to iMike and Kev for organising, I know how tough these things are. I has spurred me on to try and get a Cotswolds and North Wilts Cali weekend arranged for the end of the season. Further details when I have them....

Also thanks to all the helpers and the traders too. It made for a expensive but fun weekend!

Cheers

Phil

Back